Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Woodshop and metalshop classes

124»

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 2,652
    Soooooooo... what is errybody doing this weekend?

Simon and I are finally going to make that cigar box guitar.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 1,588
    Yay!!
    Stacey and I are going to start our new batch of Halloween pin-up photos Friday night.

It's my favorite time of the year.
    RAOWR
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 3,570
    FAP! FAP! FAP!
    edited October 2017
    There's a vintage movie theater in Chicago called the Patio that got bought out and renovated and is starting to have events again. The cool part is, the new owners are positioning it as a horror/scifi/cult movie place. They had that Chicago Horror Fest I went to last month. And next weekend, they're having a 24 hour horror movie marathon.

The place is really pretty cool now. Full bar, food, vintage video games, escape rooms (which I like even though I don't care because I want them to nab that income so that they can keep showing cult movies), etc.

Check out the 24 hour lineup:
    Noon - THE RED SPECTRE (Silent with Live Organ)
    12:15 PM BEAUTY & THE BEAST (1946)
    2:10 PM HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL (In Emergo!)
    3:45 PM LET'S SCARE JESSICA TO DEATH (dir. John D. Hancock in Person!)
    5:45 PM GRAY MATTER (based on Stephen King's Short Story) & Shorts
    6:45 PM SLEEPAWAY CAMP (star Felissa Rose in Person!)
    8:45 PM CREEPSHOW (George Romero Tribute)
    11:00 PM TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2 (Tobe Hooper Tribute)
    1:00 AM ALIENS (Bill Paxton Tribute)
    3:30 AM TERROR TRAIN (Sponsored by Steven Thomas Vance Jr.)
    5:20 AM DRIVE-IN MASSACRE
    6:45 AM 2,000 MANIACS (Herschell Gordon Lewis Tribute!)
    MONSTER CEREAL BREAK (with House of Monsters)!
    8:35 AM THE DEVIL RIDES OUT
    10:20 AM NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1990)
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,346
    I wish we had a theater like that.
    What is an "escape room"?
    edited October 2017
    Beauty and the Beast from 1946? That's the Jean Cocteau version, right? Lovely movie!
    An escape room is room that you are locked into. There are a series of puzzles that you must solve in order to escape the room in one hour.

They can be fun. It depends on the quality of the puzzle-makers.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 222
    edited October 2017
    What other examples of that kind of corporate rock whoredom are there? Where bands just swap out their look and sound for something more marketable?

I always thought it was funny how the awful third wave 'alt rock' RHCP clone Rainbow Butt Monkeys, with some haircuts and wardrobe change, became Finger Eleven:
    Beats me, but that was awful. Please don't do that again, OK?
    We might need to just flush this page and start over.
    Since this thread is already flushed, I will put this jaw-droppingly pretentious and bad 30 Second to Mars performance from Ellen here:

I derive far too much pleasure from watching awful things. That was amazing.
    You guys are just bullying me now. Daytime television is a tool of the devil.
    When asked how much nanothermite and conventional explosive would have been required to take down WTC 1, 2, & 7, Niels Harrit, chemist associated with Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth, Alex Jones et al., said:

100 tons. Not only wheeled into the busy office spaces, but rigged for controlled demolition, somehow without even disturbing a Dilbert cartoon or office plant. Harrit said he was not responsible for explaining how they could possibly have achieved any of this.

But somehow the very same Truther folk now are flummoxed by the suggestion that one man could have ever managed to bring almost twice as much luggage as two families of four into his hotel room in only three days.
    NIELSHARRIT.png
    1114 x 694 - 549K