Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is this real life?

doesn't look like crappity, but the smell is familiar

Comments

• moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Different house, but still the Crappity family.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Hello, Bebop! Long time no see! How you doing?
    Anyway, maybe he had such a good time that he'll come back for more.

I've been enjoying Dark over on the Netflix. Even though it does that soundtrack montage thing I find really annoying, the plot is intriguing and the acting is great.
    edited December 2017
    I downloaded one of Happy Traum's fingerpicking videos. My time's been limited, but I've been trying for an honest 30 a night of practice. Wish I could do more. Right now it seems to take forever just to get down the most basic of shit.
    I bought an online class on rockabilly guitar at a web site called True Fire, and there were some Travis picking exercises in it. That got my interest: after figuring out how to play those, I bought a class called 1,2,3 Fingerstyle given by a lady called Muriel Anderson and I've been working on that for the last couple of months. Man, making my thumb move independently from the other fingers took FOREVER! I'm not learning to play it 100% fingertsyle, I'm doing hybrid picking, that is, I keep the pick and use the remaining fingers, which means I have one less finger to work with, and I have to mute the strings I pick with the plastic plectrum, or they're too loud. But I'm getting the hang of it.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    PAT! PAT! PAT!
    Medieval Times was fun enough. Our knight gave marvelous stink eye to opposing knights and their fans, which made him fun to root for.

The food wasn't bad and was mostly things I could eat.
    Well, final exams are off to the printers. I hope I didn't fuck up.
    edited December 2017
    Report: Marvel Already Eyeing X-men Plans As Disney-fox Deal Looms

Integrating the X-Men into the MCU will be cool, but those movies were mostly decent as it was. The really exciting thing will be the possibility of Fantastic Four movies that don't suck.

I got Simon vol 1 of Ultimate FF for X-Mas. I think the focus on younger versions and family might appeal to him.
    Have you heard the rumour that Quentin Tarantino may be directing a Star Trek movie?
    edited December 2017
    That actually seems to be true. At least it's true that it is greenlit and has been put into active development. Many more steps to go.

I think it's a terrible idea. His movies are reference-heavy, ironic, and usually focused on violence and revenge. Not a whit of that says Trek to me.

(So ends the strong opinion of a person whose fandom for Trek is exactly as old as the current season of Discovery. But still. I love that show.)
    edited December 2017
    I agree, Jeff. Since they seem to have decided to make Star Trek movies that have nothing to do with Star Trek except that they have characters in them named Kirk, Spok, McCoy and so on, having someone like Tarantino direct a ST movie seems like the logical next step.

But then again, I'm of the opinion that the revamped trek movies defy the laws of physics by both sucking and blowing! Therefore, I don't think Tarantino can further ruin something that is already ruined beyond redemption.
    edited December 2017
    By the way, we had to buy a new vacuum cleaner. I decided we should name it, 'cause I like to name boring electrical appliances. We now call it J.J.

'Cause he sucks!
    edited December 2017
    I'm fully able to cop to being wrong on the Nu Trek movies. I thought the first one was pretty good and they could easily improve on it to have something good. You nerds insisted they'd dropped the ball in key ways and they would only get worse from there.

And y'all were right.
    edited December 2017
    Now this is some seriously shitty headline:

Thylacine DNA reveals weakness – and kinship with the kangaroo
    Researchers sequence the Tasmanian tiger’s genome, showing it to be a closer relative of the kangaroo than the dingo

No shit sherlock! I mean, the dingo is a placental mammal, whereas the thylacine is a marsupial.
    Any predictions for the Al Abama race?
    edited December 2017
    I think the homophobic sexual predator is going to win, but I hope I'm wrong.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Same ^
    I'd be surprised if the far right asshole doesn't win it. But I think it's not going to do anything except cost the repugs in the long run.
    I don't know. I have no faith in the American electorate.
    According to the Washington Post, Doug Jones won. Wow, I hope that's true.
    I also hope this causes a big Trump tantrum since he endorsed a ‘loser.’
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    A RACIST PEDOPHILE DID NOT GET ELECTED! AMERICA IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!

(foam #1 hand in y'alls face)
    Black voters did that. 98% of black women and 93% of black men voted for Jones. (72% of white men and 63% of white women voted for Moore.)
    I don't wanna be a glass half full kinda guy but... Nearly half of the voters in Alabama voted for a crackpot racist pedophile.
    Nearly half is better than more than half.

I love black people. Whitey can kiss my Jew ass.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 419
    I kept seeing people saying, "Innocent until proven guilty. Being found guilty in the court of public opinion should not.." as if there weren't already like seven thousand things about Moore that should have disqualified him from office decades before those charges surfaced. Jesus Christ.

Speaking of religion, my head nearly exploded when I saw Moore's supporters singing hymns and praying while waiting for the election results. It is almost 2018?

Why are such folks so terrified of Sharia Law when with a tweaks they would be quite content living under it?
    edited December 2017
    I kept seeing people saying, "Innocent until proven guilty. Being found guilty in the court of public opinion should not.."
    The people who were saying this about Roy Moore are very nearly a perfect Venn diagram overlap with the people who want Hillary Clinton indicted even *after* an investigation showed she broke no laws.

It's not worth trying to parse their logic because they don't have any. They just want what they want.
    Reactionary politics runs on two principles: the almighty double standard and the blaming of the victim.
    edited December 2017
    The only reason Moore lost was because he was a perv. The fact that he was a criminal who lost his seat on the Alabama Supreme Court because he couldn't follow the constitution was just fine with the religious right. The fact that he thinks muslims shouldn't have equal rights under your constitution is just fine with the religious right. His racism and his wanting to legislate the sexual behaviour of adults based on his personal interpretation of the Old fucking Testament is just fine with the religious right.

He would have been heading to Washington if only he hadn't liked young girls. That's how far to the right the religious right actually is.