Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Batman voice without the Batman

Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 2,652
HIYA ERRYBODY!

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 1,588
    Well well well.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 2,652
    (referring to story about autofellatio in the last thread)

Supposedly, Mike Ness from Social Distortion does this at parties. Or did when he was younger anyway.
    Runaways on Hulu was decent. Like CW-level superhero decent or maybe a bit better anyway. If you're a comic nerd, you could do worse. I do not know that it's a necessity for anyone, but it's fun. I have a feeling next season will be when it gets really good.
    Oh I forgot we were over here now.
    We watched The Shape of Water. It was good. I don't know that I thought it was great. It was kind of twee. But it was sincere and well-made and fun, in its way.
    I felt that way at the beginning of the movie, but by the time the antagonist got rolling, the visceral malice of his character gave the whole thing a nice sharp edge.

I hear you though, there are definitely some cutesy moments.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 3,570
    edited January 11
    Supposedly, Mike Ness from Social Distortion does this at parties. Or did when he was younger anyway.
    I did not need to know that.
    Michael Shannon is a treat. Simon and I are watching Man of Steel and his Zod--while wholly unnecessary--is pretty good.
    Better than Terence Stamp?

Of course not. But better than the MoS script or Zack Snyder's direction deserved, all the same.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 222
    Shannon is a rare actor whose involvement will pique my interest rather than turn me away.

While looking for Suicide videos a couple weeks ago I stumbled upon this...

See also:

Happy Kaiju Victory Day, friends. NEVER FORGET.

edited January 12
    You know, it just occurred to me... I'm sorry to say this but... Your president might be a bit racist! What do you think?
    Yeah, Shannon mentioned his band in his "What's In My Bag" https://corporal.bandcamp.com/releases
    Even though "shitholes" line has clearly captured the attention of social media, 65 Democrats voted to allow for the NSA spying on American citizens continue, giving the racist in chief (who they apparently believe works with the Kremlin) the power to do so for another three years (minimum):
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/here-are-the-256-lawmakers-members-who-just-voted-to-reject-privacy-reforms-and-extend-nsa-spying/
    But Matt! Bipartisanship!
  • KimKim Posts: 514
    From the book “Everyone Loves Our Town” by Mark Yarm.

Chapter 45 The Coup

Page 492 Bruce Pavitt:

“I remember specifically there was a situation - this might be a year after Nevermind came out - when our A&R head Joyce Lineman said, “There’s this group the Grifters who have typically sold 5,000 Records and would like a $5,000 advance,” and I’m thinking, That sounds about right. By the time we were done negotiating, we had given them a $150,000 advance. And they wound up selling 5,000 Records.”

True or False?
    Well, one thing... Nevermind came out in '91...

The Grifters first three albums all came out within the time between "a year after Nevermind came out" and signing with Sub Pop. Which was four or five years later...
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,346
    I don't know. Maybe we should count. I bought Ain't My Lookout and Full Blown Possession, so that's at least 2.
    edited January 13
    If there's one thing that I have learn from frequenting social media sites, is that a good story always sounds better than the truth. Therefore, I believe that the Grifters were given a 150 000 bucks advance! Moreover, I have decided that it is quite probable that they blew the money on drugs and hookers.

Rock'n'roll! \m/ \m/
    The Constitution states that the only requirements for a person to be president is to be at least 35 and to have been born here. I think an amendment expanding the requirements to include having previously been elected to some sort of governing position should be included. That should put a damper on inexperienced celebs using their popularity as a springboard to the Oval Office.
    $150,000 split 4 ways isn't exactly hooker and blow money. Probably most of it went to paying off debts, music equipment and practical shit like that. Maybe a nice meal or two.
    Plus, I can't remember Sub Pop doing much promotional work for the Grifters.
    I bet a lot of it went to recording and other music expenses like tour support. If they even got that. As a person who worked for a shady label, they inflate expenses too so no royalties are paid. I know Nirvana probably got ripped off in royalties at first because they had terrible record keeping.
    Or terrible accounting
    Keeping track of digital royalties is a pain in the ass. I got Digital Sales Excel spreadsheets from Secretly Canadian that were literally 50 pages long in 6 to 8 font. That was a nightmare
    I worked for Joyful Noise Recordings home to Sebadoh, Lou and Jake’s solo, Thurston Moore, Kishi Bashi, Joan of Arc, David Yow, Half Japanese, Dale Crover, Melvins and many more.

The owner was issuing Royalty Statements under my name that were without 3 months of income thus pushing back royalty payments until that income was accounted for and saving his entitled ass. They’ve since moved to smaller offices and downscaled. I gave him 5 years before it explodes in his face. 3 more years to go on my predictions because it will take that long to unravel. The downsizing happened faster than I thought
    I quit after the royalty issue. Go to secret and I will tell you what pushed me or remind you.
    Cause I love music and ripping off artists is not something I morally support