Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

But on the other hand who gives a shit?

124»

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,008
    edited February 2018

Poor little smarmy Marco Rubio. To think he could have been preznent! But he was dissed by a dumb motherfucker and his shot at the throne went down the drains. And now he got dissed by a 17 year old kid! Life's a bitch.
    edited February 2018
    The Russian bots love that one. It gets people super riled up on both sides.
    These days, there's little difference between what russian bots put out and what many US conservatives say.

For instance: "Do we really think -- and I say this sincerely -- do we really think that 17-year-olds on their own are going to plan a nationwide rally?" said Jack Kingston, who is also a CNN commentator. Kingston argued on CNN's "New Day" that the student survivors' sorrow "can very easily be hijacked by left-wing groups" and Democratic mega-donor George Soros."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20/politics/jack-kingston-parkland-victims-cnntv/index.html
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,490
    I dunno. The GOP thinks 14 year-olds can date and have sex with Roy Moore, why wouldn't 17 year-olds be mature enough to have opinions about guns?

I mean, they're old enough to buy them, right?
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,490
    I think I might need to find a new job/career path. I used to think being the smartest person in the building was a bragging right. Now it seems like I'm being punished in some way.

I'd like to work for people who are smarter than I am, people who have a plan and can teach me things. I'm not *that* smart, so it doesn't seem like an unreasonable goal.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    I'm in the same place for the first time in my career. It was really frustrating at first. Eventually I found ways to greatly reduce her involvement in my day-to-day. But I know that's not always an option depending on the structure of your company.
    edited February 2018
    I dunno. The GOP thinks 14 year-olds can date and have sex with Roy Moore, why wouldn't 17 year-olds be mature enough to have opinions about guns?

I mean, they're old enough to buy them, right?
    But Jeff, receiving money from the NRA, the Koch brothers and other assorted right wing assholes is fine... But allegedly getting "hijacked" by a jewish financier is shady.
    edited February 2018
    Ok... Teachers, right? How can they be lazy, overpaid liberal brainwashers who only work half the year... But also be the elite, weapons-trained good guys who love the kids and would die for them? Are they both? Fuck, I'm confused.
    Schroedinger's teacher?
    What are all you cool cats doing with your weekend?

I've got very little. So maybe I can get a little creative time in. I feel like I've been a little lazy on that front lately.
    Three words: body amour for everyone!

Wait, that's four words.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Thats what I was gonna say!
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Just start converting prisons into schools.
    Or schools into prisons.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Iceland is considering banning circumcision. That doesn’t seem at all antisemitic.
    I dunno. Do you know how many Icelandic jews there are?
    I don't know. Maybe 30 or 40?
    edited February 2018
    I think it's more likely that it's something fuelled by fear of muslims, or it's a move by some well-meaning do-gooder who hasn't learned yet that one better leave some things alone.
    Junior made an ass of himself in India...
    5a8f6bc2dda4c8075a8b460b.jpg
    900 x 506 - 185K
    This made me laugh:
    DWlAQu3WkAEPggZ.jpg
    742 x 1200 - 121K
    DWk-PK8X4AAhG0F.jpg
    1066 x 840 - 147K
    edited February 2018
    I know, I know, compared to what you got, Junior is a model of brains, stability and honesty. But that's damning with faint praise.
    In real life, those kids would say, “Sod off! I’m not wearing that!”
    So far, this is the best thread title of the year.