Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Single tear of dad joy

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Nah. I might get one of those little cases that looks like an old school Nintendo console though.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    Coooool Jeff
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Oh man. Babymama just posted video of A_____ driving away from their house solo style.

Hit me harder than expected. He is about to enter his own life. Crazy crazy stuff.
    -When you comin' home?
    -He said, I don't know when.
    We'll get together then, Dad.
    You know we'll have a good time then.
    (gushing flow of dad tears)
    Simon is transitioning from little boy to tween. He's growing long bangs and is suddenly very picky about clothes. Not in a fashion-conscious way, though. More in a semi-humorous What does this t-shirt SAY ABOUT ME? kinda way.
    As far as I can tell, all his shirts say about him is that he really likes dudes who play video games on YouTube. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Ha. Sounds about right. Nothing odd about that for his generation. It only seems bizarre to us oldies.
    I'm sure you're right. Certainly, my dad took my interest in music videos as indicating some form of brain damage.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    He may have been right.

So, Manafort guilty on 8 counts and Cohen saying he made illegal campaign contributions at the direction of Trump. Can and will the Republicans in the House and the Senate still declare it’s all a hoax?
    I think my favorite FB response so far has been "These rich assholes are just throwing Trump under the bus to take the spotlight off themselves."

Which would mean that they don't see Trump as a rich asshole.

I'd been operating with the understanding that they know he's a rich asshole, but he's THEIR rich asshole.

So now I'm just wondering what does he look like the delusional? A nice Grampa figure?
    Here's a snapshot of America in 2018 for you:

Last night at Trump's MAGA rally, the crowd was still doing the "Lock her up!" chant about Hillary.
    While celebrating a move to pump lots more CO2 into the atmosphere. A crime against humanity with a cheering crowd.
    Yesterday, they announced our company was moving its offices from the 'burbs to the Chicago Board of Trade Building. My estimated drive time is 100-140 minutes each way. There is no free parking available.
    What is your current drive time?
    35-55 minutes.
    Oh man. That is awful. That's potentially dealbreaker awful.
    I do 2 hours each way, but it's on a train, which is a completely different vibe.
    The main thing is, I still have a kid in after school care. So to make this work, I'd have to leave home at 5:30 am, take the 6 am express train, get to downtown by 7, walk a half mile, work 7:30-4:30, hustle back to the train, catch the 4:50 home, get to the train lot at 5:40, drive to the kid's school and pick him up at like 5:58 pm. So any variation in that schedule and I'd be late to pick up my kid.

Well, that and it will cost me an extra few grand a year in train tickets.
    Fuck. I assume they aren't offering telecommuting options?
    Emphatically, no. Despite allowing another guy to start doing that just last month. He's the number one salesperson though, and we're just pukes they want to unload.
    Yes. Same at my firm. What I wouldn't give for even a day or two each week.
    Anybody got some funtimez plans for the weekend?
    Tomorrow is that annual camp-out/bonfire/music festival I was talking about. Always a heck of a good time. All my favorite Baltimoreans in one place playing music.
    Just found out that this amazing artist that specialized in crankies will be doing one of her life sized shadow plays as the event closer. She did it once before and they are so enjoyable, especially out amongst the trees.
    It is helpful since I was thinking of bailing anyway that they gave me such a terrific answer to the "why are you thinking of leaving?" question in interviews.

I can say, "They moved the office" instead of "They're horrible crooks."
    What are crankies?

Music fest sounds fun. I did see the pics of the new stone stage. Fancy!
    Crankies are stories that are illustrated along a very long piece of paper that are cranked pass as the storyteller speaks the narrative (and usually live music plays). Baltimore is wild about them.

They were popular in the 19th century and Baltimore is wild about them. We have several festivals every year and there is a dedicated theater for crankies and shadow puppet shows in town.

That is helpful actually. S____ was able to say that about her Reuters job instead of "I didn't want to spend the rest of my life in a brokenless chain of meetings."
    Those look rad. Simon might dig those. I don't know if those have made it here.

Is there a single artist/group of artists driving the popularity of crankies in Baltimore?