Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I doubt we're actually going to Graceland

124»

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    A Simple Favor was not on my radar. Trailer looks good in a classic thriller sort of way. Also it reminded me that Blake Lively is quite beautiful.
    It's Paul Simon concert for me tonight. We're going to stay over in DC and hit up some museums tomorrow.

Sunday I'll have the fellahs.
  • That sounds mighty fine.

Is Paul gonna play the hits or that weird album of rewrites he just put out?
    It's his farewell tour, so it better be HIT AFTER HIT AFTER HIT. And little-known-tracks, but only the ones I like. Not other people favorites.
  • He's been working on that rewrite. He's gonna turn it into cash.
    I appreciate that impulse of revisiting a song. Even when it's your own stuff, the meanings change as you get older.

But at the same time there a little bit of "why weren't these songs popular? this were great songs! Let me try to correct the way they've been received by the world."
    There have been plenty of hits and allegations over the years that Paul is not a tremendous human being. But I think the voice he writes in is insightful and bittersweet in a way that hits me right.

So I'm just going to enjoy the art and not worry about the artist tonight.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    From what I’ve seen on YouTube Paul Simon concerts have been hit after hit after hit

I was amazed recently how complicated the drum fills are on 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover. A really good drummer friend pointed out to me it took him a long time to perfect that song
    Paul Simon concerts on this tour
    edited September 2018
    Doing nothing as always says Eeyore
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    edited September 2018
    The woman who accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault has come forward.

California professor, writer of confidential Brett Kavanaugh letter, speaks out about her allegation of sexual assault

* Gleee!*
  • A Simple Favor was odd. The first three fourths are a thriller with some comedic undertones. Then the last act it turns into a straight-up comedy. It's also wildly different than the book, according to Matilda.

I think it's a Netflix pick.
  • Sylvan Esso is about the last band I'd have pegged to do a Califone cover, but they did one and it sure sounds great.
    Heard Anna Kendrick on "It's been a minute" yesterday. She is a funny person.
    This looks like my kinda jam.

• She's a delight. Her tweets are frequently hilarious:
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/pablovaldivia/queen-of-twitter
  • That does look cool.
  • We just watched The Innocents on Netflix. PASS. Nice premise, well-made first few eps, but devolves into a bunch of interrelated families shouting at each other. Shapeshifters are real in this world, but they still end up with two families bickering as the finale. Blech.
    Hadn't even heard of that one. Relieved I don't need to watch.
    My cable just switched up a bunch of our channels. Ticked off that they took away The Weather Channel, but just noticed that we now have BBC America. Great timing in terms of Dr. Who's return.

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    Dr. Who will be back soon! Yeah, I forgot about that. Little S. will be happy. Early October, right?
    Yiss. October 7th.