Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Relieved I don't need to watch.

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    May it be very short lived.
  • This is a terrific bit.

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    My two hour (each way!) commute starts next week.
    Fuck, that's a lot of time on the road!
    Ismo Leikola. I've heard of him, but I've never seen him... Until now.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    Simply brilliant. First time ever seeing this

Those are some special fellahs.
    edited September 2018
    I love that cover: the original song (Johnny River's, I think) makes it sound like it's fun being a secret agent man. But in Devo's version, it's drudgery, just another boring job you got to do. They do something similar to "I can't get no satisfaction": the Stones sing it like the complaint of an annoyed hipster, but the Devo version sounds like a angsty paranoid rant, like he can't get no satisfaction 'cause the world is fucked.
    edited September 2018
    By the way, fuck Brett Kavanaugh, fuck Donald Trump, fuck Donal Trump supporters.
    edited September 2018
    And I'm not saying "fuck Brett Kavanaugh" because he might have sexually assaulted women, no... I'm saying fuck him because he's a catholic conservative nominated to be supremo by the shit-fer-brains administration. That he might be an even bigger creep than I initially thought is just the cherry on top.
  • If only the founding fathers were here to help us figure out how much raping is too much to be on the Supreme Court.
    Damn near slipped my mind. WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY ARE YOU GOING THIS WEEKEND??!?!
    I'm going to be teaming up with A____ to create his music portfolio for college applications (super fun part)

And collecting a shit ton of financial data to go along with his financial aid requests. (super suckass part)
    *doing
  • That sounds... half cool? I've gotta do something fun for my wife for her birthday this weekend.
    Happy birthday, Jeff's wife.... Tilda!
    edited September 2018
    If only the founding fathers were here to help us figure out how much raping is too much to be on the Supreme Court.
    You don't like beer?
    #thereisnodemocracy #thereisnolaw

I’ve read where trump wants him in because he has stated the prez is above the law

For Dan:

And that was simply brilliant also. Did they tour? I was only 13 then but I wasn’t allowed to go to concerts then. I don’t think I would’ve appreciated them as much as I do today.
    This is really good

• moetownmoetown Posts: 3,277
    edited September 2018
    They toured. My friend in Dallas saw them touring their first album. He was a huge fan. I’m pretty sure he even purchased one of those DEVO helmets.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,277
    Hey Trip! I haven’t been around much either. I’m either exercising, doing work-related crap, or trying to get better on guitar. I went backwards and decided to learn some more rudimentary shit I’d never bothered practicing. How can someone have been banging around on an instrument off and on for years be so sucky at it? Oh, and I’m able to read books again, so been doing some of that, too. Still in the mopes over the wreckage of the marriage, but most of my angst is about how financially strapped I am and will be for about the next three years. Other than that, everything is absolutely groovy.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Hey Ev. Yeah, I'm strapped these day too. My freelance work has all but dried up. Not sure what's up with that. But I'm on the look-out for a new job. No earthly idea what kind of job I can get. Open to suggestions. I like the flower shop gig, mainly because I get along with everyone, but It's wearing on me a little.
    In other news, if you have Showtime there's a show airing tonight called The Circus which is I guess a news show covering the 2016 election. News documentary? Anyway, tonight's episode will feature X-Ray Hip by you know who. Unfortunately we don't make any money off of it. Damn-it.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Regarding the Kavanaugh debacle. Let the Repubs continue to be monumental douchebags. They are absolutely pissing off all the women in this country. OK, most of the women. The mid-term elections cannot get here fast enough.
    edited September 2018
    They toured. My friend in Dallas saw them touring their first album. He was a huge fan. I’m pretty sure he even purchased one of those DEVO helmets.
    I saw them play in 2010, at the Osheaga festival. They were the high point of an otherwise shitty day.
    I saw them on the Hardcore tour in 2014. It was pretty great. Those pre-label tapes circulated around Tampa in the 90s. Didn't expect to ever see that stuff live.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,490
    The reason the GOP is pushing Kavanugh through so hard isn't even Roe vs. Wade.

It's because there's a case on the SCOTUS docket for the end of this month that will decide whether people granted presidential pardons for federal crimes can be prosecuted for the same crimes at the state level.

They need Kavanaugh in place to make sure when Trump pardons everyone involved in the Russia probe, they can't then be prosecuted in say, New York.
    edited October 2018
    The new Interpol record is my favorite of theirs going back a while. Still deciding if it's that much better or if it's me coming around to them again. Likely, it's some of both.
    I think there are likely a number of reasons for the hard push. He is also callously pro-capital, anti-worker. So the .01 percenters are certainly making themselves felt on this nomination.
    Oh yeah, many reasons long term. But the answer to "Why does it have to be RIGHT NOW?" is that they need that double jeopardy ruling before the midterms.