Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We out here making HISTORY!

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    I played hooky yesterday, that's my excuse.
    We went thrifting and found a buttload of sessy dresses for S_____ . I was hanging out in the dressing room area giving my opinion on each one as she tried it on. There was a woman on her phone nearby. After the final dress showing, after S____ went back in to put on her normal clothes, the woman looked up from her phone and said "i hope you said yes to that orange one. That one was showing off all her mmm mmm mm badonkadonk". I did not disagree.

Then we did a deep cleaning of our bedroom. Like a furniture rearranging level of cleaning. It was desperately needed and now the the room feels about 40% larger and the kittens have tons of new places to snooze.

It was a good day.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,493
    That sounds like a fine day. I'm filing away "mmm mmm mm badonkadonk" as a solid candidate for the next thread title.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    What's a mmm mmm mm badonkadonk? Do I have one? I hope I do!
    If you do, I'ma need to see pics.
    Ok. So what is it?
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    A nice, round ass. A beautiful ass
    Women who possess this feature usually have a small waist that violently explodes into a round and juicy posterior (e.g., 34c, 24, 38). Other characteristics would be moderately wide hips and a large amount of booty cleavage (i.e, depth of butt-crack). badonkadonk definition by Urban Dictionary.Nov 27, 2014
    I saved you men from describing ha

A song that uses the badonkadonk
    This exercise made me laugh. Thank you, Dan
    edited October 2018
    I looked up badonkadonk on google images, and this was the first thing that came up:

And I was like, nope, I definitely ain't got one of those...
    Excellent work, Kim.
    edited October 2018
    That was some A+ explaining for Dan.

Whenever we explain some remedial pop culture thing to Mr. Rosa, we should just call it "Dansplaining."
    I am co-sponsoring this motion.
    edited October 2018
    On the occasion of Sears' bankruptcy, I want to pass on this brilliant comment from another web site:
    All this talk of their failing business model reminded me of something. It's not that the model is failing so much as a lack of vision to develop a new model.

Sears was started in the 1890's as a mail order business to compete against local general stores (think of all those westerns with "General Store" on one of the buildings - they were Sears competition). The guys Sears worked on railroads, and he saw all the middlemen tacking on markup as products moved west in the distribution chain until they go to the stores.

So he started a catalog, the famous Sears catalog in 1893. It was 300 pages, and had everything. Now think about this for a second. In 1893, you had a mail order catalog that sold pretty much everything that was for sale in 1893 - machinery, bikes, toys, dry goods, etc. Does this sound like another business you know?

So every year the catalog comes out, and after a few decades it becomes an American institution. For much of the population, the Sears catalog includes a decent quality, low cost version of every mass market nonperishable consumer product in the United States that wasn't a car (they did sell those at one point very early on. They also sold mobile homes too, up to the 1940's).

You could pick anything from the catalog, mail in your order with a check, and in a few days/weeks you'd get it. If you didn't like it, for any reason, Sears had a "satisfaction guaranteed" policy that you could return it at anytime for a full refund.

Now pay attention, because here's where it gets good.

In 1931, Sears starts an insurance company - Allstate. It buys financial investment firm Dean Witter and real estate broker Coldwell Banker in 1981. In 1984 it starts a joint venture with IBM called Prodigy, an online computer service, sort of a prototype AOL. In 1985, Sears launches a new major credit card, the Discover card. For the next eight years, the only credit card you can use at Sears is Discover.

At this time, the early 80's Sears is the largest retailer in the U.S.

By 1993, the 100th anniversary of the Sears Catalog, Sears had built up considerable goodwill in the mind of consumers. They weren't the lowest price, but they had what you needed at good prices and the service was second to none. They had real estate, insurance, financial planning, and all at good prices with top customer service.

This is 1993. In quite possibly the greatest example of corporate shortsightedness, Sears shut down it's mail-order business in a cost cutting measure. It spins off Allstate that same year, and soon dumps Dean Witter and Coldwell Banker.

In 1993, Sears had the most extensive and sophisticated mail-order retail operation on the planet and they closed it.

Two years later, Amazon.com launched, and was soon selling everything that sears sold through it's catalog. By the late-90's Walmart's push of low-cost China imports killed Sears retailing. Online banking takes off. Credit card use surges as mail order and retail purchases are shifted online.

Sears had its own computer network in 1993. They had access to IBM, they should have understood the power of the internet. All they had to do was shift the catalog online instead of killing it off, promising in store returns and the same Sears satisfaction guaranteed. Discover could have been the credit card of choice for security and protection online. Dean Witter could have been what Schwab, E-Trade and Ameritrade became. Back in the mid-late 90s when many people were hesitant to use credit cards online, Sears could have been a familiar face online.

Sears could have used the Catalog to create searscatalog.com or wishbook.com and owned online retailing, owned amazon's business, owned online brokerage and banking, but they blew their chances to save a few bucks in 1993. They could have made huge profits in the early 2000s real estate boom by leveraging that success with their real estate arm (imagine if Amazon sold houses).

By my estimates, Sears could have spent about $200 million in 1994-1996 to develop and promote retailing and financial services online, and they'd be reaping billions.

Sears could still be a huge American company today, instead of a historical footnote.
    Thank god they didn't. That sounds like a monopoly even worse than the nightmares we have going now.
    Dansplaining! I like it!
    This is fun. There is an Italian boutique record label called "It's Almost Halloween Time Records" name after one of my songs from Home X. Today they released a compilation album of spooky songs by a ton of bands and called it "It's Halloween Time".

I feel like I now have closure.
    I like this story.
    Last night, a former boss invited me along to an event with his current (big, corporate, rich) employer to network a bit and lay the groundwork for me applying with them a bit further down the line. Not sure if it will come to anything, but they pay super duper fucking well, so it'd be nice.

EVen if nothing comes of it, I got to drink a bunch of red wine and eat a filet mignon with truffle butter.
    I, in turn, like that story.
    In fun news, it looks like I may have my best sales month ever this month, on my way out the door.
    edited October 2018
    Could you guys dansplain something? Hypothetically speaking, of course (no homo)... Say I want to compliment a guy for his nice butt... Can I tell him he has a badonkadonk? Do only women have a badonkadonk?
    For me, it's only a compliment for a person that identifies as female. It implies bounce and juiciness. Whereas to me, an attractive masculine ass is firm and muscular.

Kim, does that sound right?
    Eric is correct. And TOP DEFINITION
    badonkadick
    1.a thick juicy penis
    2.the male version of a badonkadonk
    Girl 1: Damn you can see that boyzz badonkadick through his tight ass jeans
    Girl 2: i wouldnt mind getting my badonkadonk all up in his badonkadick
    ba-donka-dick
    When a guy has a package of exceptional size and quality. Especially one that looks like his snake wants to tear out of dem pants!
    Wow, did you see his package? That guy has a ba-donka-dick!
    edited October 2018
    Definitions from the very, very fine Urban Dictionary.
    Man, I feel less stupid already! Thank you!