Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We out here making HISTORY!

124»

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,494
    Hey Jeff, I'm digging that Glands album.
    The self-titled one? Yeah, it's the best. One of my favorite unheralded records.
    The film version of The Ritual was above average for a Netflix horror film, but still a letdown. In the book, the protagonist gets taken in by a black metal band intent on bringing on Ragnarok, which is played for both laughs and scares. In the movie, it pretty much goes Swedish Wicker Man.
    I don't have any Twitter followers and it's probably too grim to be funny to decent people, but I made a thing on Twitter that I thought was funny, anyway.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    yah. that's a wee bit dark. I enjoyed despite myself.
    Ugh. I had thought we were at the point of having a semi-solid crew of parents with kids as friends out our way, but now I'm thinking we're going to have to write some people off.

There was the whole incident where 3 of 4 women blew off Tilda's birthday night out. And now Simon got an "invite" to a birthday party starting in a few hours. I don't think I'm paranoid to say that the only reason a kid would get an invite that late is because someone they actually wanted to be there canceled. Fuck that. My kid isn't a backup plan.
    Aw. don't be too prideful about it. Are you going to ask S____ if he's interested?

Your assessment could be 100% true, but he might end up having a blast and being moved to the top tier invites next time.

Just my two cents of course.

Still pissed about those Tilda birthday bitches tho. They can rot in hell.
    edited October 2018
    I don't think we're taking him. He's got a mandolin lesson tonight and it's too late to cancel and non-refundable. The birthday kid's mom is one of the one who blew Tilda off on her birthday.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,278
    If I were on Twitter, I’d follow your tweets.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,278
    Are you old enough to remember,”Blow in my ear and I’ll follow you anywhere”?
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    Fuck all the bitches
    edited October 2018
    :smiley:
    This just made me incredibly sad

I decided to take a break from drinking. I don’t have a problem or anything. Haven’t drank for 2 months but I’m a dry, angry drunk when I have to live without anything ...nothing takes the pain away. I’m the biggest grouch I’ve found. Why be with idiots because no one else is around ... I play a mean tambourine
    I’m grouchly sober right now but not tomorrow I’m going to laugh myself silly

This song has the greatest drum fills that I didn’t appreciate until I was 51

I adore this song but I never quite understood why the verses are so earthly and real but the chorus is Sesame Street silly.
    Thanks for that Norah clip. I've found myself going back to my Soundgarden playlist more than any other time in my life. I fully dismissed them when they were on top because corporate grunge was the enemy, but I can rock the shit out of it now.
    May you get a non-stop day of sensible chuckles, Kim. We love you!
    Kick temporary sobriety's ass, Kim!
    Thanks for the Both Directions at Once tip, Jeff. There is some amazing stuff on there. I'm not sure if they are isolating tracks, or some takes just didn't have all the mics set up, but it makes for a great fly-on-the-wall experience.
    Soooooo.... weekend?
    Oh. It's that time, isn't it?
    We have a cocktail party with friends tonight. Then I'm going to build some planting beds in community garden.

Then Sunday is no-hold-barred battle to finish Aaron's composition portfolio. We are officially out of time, so we will be laser focused. It's looking very good so far, but he needs to finish charting two more compositions and hand them off so I can mount them along with their audio file companions.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    edited October 2018
    Grading midterms. And there's a birthday party on sunday for little S., who's not so little anymore.

How old will she soon be?
    We're going on a fun run tomorrow then a scout picnic. And then NOTHING. Trying to minimize spending> We're pretty broke for the time being and a paperwork snafu has temporarily unqualified me as a Lyft driver and will take a week or so to get that straightened out.
    How old will she soon be?
    She will be eleven.
    Civilized nations do not kill people by butchering them and cutting them into little pieces with bone saws! Civilized nations do it by using missiles fired by drone aircraft!