Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Creepy contortionist clown

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
Vote, motherfuckers, vote! Vote early and often! And if you're a poll worker make sure to burn all the Republican votes!

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Done and done. Midterms are usually a ghost town in my polling place. This morning took 30 minutes.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    That's excellent! Lets hope it will be like that everywhere and that it will be enough to beat all the gerrymandering and voter id bullshit.
    Yes. My mental and emotional health are riding on it.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,493
    I saw the new Suspiria today and holy fucking shit. I'm trying to figure out how soon I can see it again.
    UGH. My magical meeting for tomorrow that was supposed to line up a new job has been postponed indefinitely. So now I have increased job stress and a heaping helping of I TOLD YOU NOT TO GET YOUR HOPES UP from Tilda.

Fuckity fuck.
    Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is... well, it's pretty fucking metal, tbh. It's like Buffy if Buffy were raised in a Satanic household that practiced ritual cannibalism.

I like it. I don't want to oversell it because it's good, but it's not mind-blowing good or anything, but I do want to give it credit for how surprising it is. It's way more satanic and nuts than anyone reasonably could have expected.
    edited November 2018
    So, as you may recall, we had to euthanize my oldest cat, and wifey lost her beloved grand aunt recently, and we're smack dab in the mid autumn doldrums... Everyone in the household was feeling a bit bummed out. We decided to do something about it.

I'm happy to inform you that the cat-to-person ratio, which was down to 2:3, is now back to normal, that is, 1:1.

Say hi to Charlot (that means Charlie in french):

IMG_3876.jpg
    640 x 510 - 93K
    that means Charlie in french

I'm going to pretend it's a portmanteau of "chubby" and "harlot."
    But seriously... congrats Dan-fam!
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Jeff! Charlot was named after Charlie Chaplin, 'cause he's in black and white.
    Why colour me surprised! Jeffy Jeff got canned!

Let the fun begin.
    More human sacrifices to the NRA. If only there had been a good guy with a gun, eh?

Thoughts and prayers, etc.
    KITTEHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can't watch Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. They are messing with my people. fortune.com/2018/11/02/netflix-lawsuit-satanic-temple-sabrina/
    Every time I click into this thread and see "Jeffy got canned!" I have about four seconds of WHAT DOES DAN KNOW THAT I DO NOT before I chill out and remember he means Jeff Sessions.
    If you like kitchen sink realism, I highly recommend Graduation on Netflix. It's the latest from Palm d'Or winning Romanian filmmaker Cristian Mungiu and even as it presents a fairly small scale story, it's some bleak stuff.

Middle-aged doctor Romeo's hopes are all on his daughter Eliza, who needs top marks on her final exams to cement her scholarship to Cambridge and get away from the corruption in Romania. The day before her first exam, she is sexually assaulted. Romeo has always been an honest man, but he has to decide what he is willing to do to get his daughter the marks she needs to get out.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80107018
    If you like seeing Paul Giamatti Paul Giamatti-ing, I recommend Private Life on Netflix. There is no possibility that the writer didn't have him, and no one else, in mind while creating this script.
    In other belated news, I was sick yesterday and binged the entire first season of Rick and Morty. That is some funny business right there.
    It totally is.
    I've never watched Rick and Morty. Maybe I should give it a try.
    It's like Back to the Future if Doc Brown was Marty's grandpa and a drunken nihilist. And they traveled in space instead of time.
    Good morning, good people.
    Oh hey.

My firm has lost it's goddamned mind and has decreed that all billing for the entire month needs to be done today. And anything left incomplete needs to be reported with an explanation.

Madness, I tell you.

Thankfully, all the weight falls on the partners and secretaries. I'm just here to make things glide through and nod agreeably at the complaints of the secretaries.

Also, I have a cold, so I'm all hopped up on meds.
    Is that some kind of loyalty test or something? If one feels the need to test loyalty, one doesn't give reasonable orders, one gives dumb orders and see who obeys without bitching about it.
    It's becoming increasingly clear that we live in an era where companies can do whatever the fuck they like to employees and we just have to suck it up and take it.
    I hope y'all have great weekends.
    Like wise!
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,277
    I've been listening to the remix of an album by an obscure British Invasion band called the Beatles. It's been at least 20 years since I listened to the whole White Album (still can't listen to Ob-la...). Pretty incredible stuff. The demos and different takes are the best thing that have happened to Beatles geeks since the Anthology doc. Hope you guys are having a great weekend. I'm freezing in my house. I vowed to leave the heat off until it gets down to 40. I'm not doing well financially at all. Barely able to pay all my bills and buy food. I'm hoping that by keeping utilities off, I can start to get a bit ahead.
    Is that new-ish car you ended up with after the divorce new enough to drive ride share? You could fend off loneliness and make some extra money to pay bills.

I thought it would make my social anxiety flare up, but actually, all of the conversations with strangers made me feel less isolated.