Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a good day for a recreational Percocet

Comments

• KimKim Posts: 624
    PMAS x infinity from moi
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    edited January 2019
    "Unbelievable vehicles... stronger, bigger, and faster vehicles than our police have, than ICE has"

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,472
    I took a day to decompress, just watching tv, working on a puzzle, reading, listening to podcasts, doing the shopping.

Today, I have to start reworking my resume and LinkedIn to try and find a new job.

I'd like to get into managed services sales (i.e. "instead of having an IT security department, you should just pay us here at _______ and we will take care of that for you.") But it's hard to know how to get started.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Good luck with it. I know nothing about sales, so I have nothing to offer on that front. I got a good feeling that you're going to land in a better place.
    WHAT AM I DOING THIS WEEKEND?!?!

Well, A____ is currently doing an immersive 3 day orchestral sabbatical with the top players in his district. They are handed sheet music on day one and on day three (tomorrow) they perform it publicly. So I'm excited about that.

Then tomorrow night I got tickets to see the Baltimore Symphony perform the Turangalila Symphonie. It's new to me, but apparently quite over the top. 100 piece orchestra, plus an ondes Martenot (look it up, it's super cool).

edited January 2019

The way how that one can do a vibrato on that thing is amazing!
    Agreed. It's got that slippery theremin sound but with so much more control.

I want one.
    It's monophonic, right? One can't play chords on that thing?
    I'm 99% sure. Based on the invention year and the way he demonstrates it.
    Which means y'all gonna need to buy me a few of them, so I can make chords.
    I'm willing to wager that someone out there has made a VST plug-in of the ondes Martenot that will let you play chords.

Granted, it won't be as cool, but it will be much cheaper and less finicky.
    During the accompanying discussion, the ondist explained that back in their heyday, their were many pieces written for multiple ondes Martenots. One involving 16 of them.
    SO WHAT'S EVERYBODY DOING THIS... Monday? Shit. I can't even differentiate anymore.
    My cats have ear mites! They don't go out... I think the wee one we adopted a couple of months ago may have been carrying them.

ohhhhhh noooo... poor kittehs.

What's the solution? Never had to deal with those.
    edited January 2019
    There are a couple: considering that we have three cats and didn't want to have to schlep them to the vet, we decided to give them ear drops that kill the mites. Twice a day times three cats for a week, then a weeklong pause, then drops twice a day for a week.

The other option involves taking them to the vet and giving them some kind of single dose parasite treatment, either in the form of a treatment applied to the skin or an injection. But the vet would have to see the cat first, so we went with the first option.
    Makes good sense to me.
    Do cats get healthcare coverage in Canada?
    edited January 2019
    Sure they do! In Soviet Canuckistani, everyone gets healthcare, even pets! It's mandatory, if one refuses, one goes to gulag, i mean, re-education camp. You didn't know that?
    edited January 2019
    Guffaw! Theresa May's deal with the EU was rejected, 118 of her own MPs voted against her!

We are living in interesting times.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    Sending love to every crapiteer
    edited January 2019
    http://www.brooklynvegan.com/jah-division-mems-oneida-home-reissuing-dub-will-tear-us-apart-listen-to-isolation-dub/
    I've been playing around with a temptation to go bumrush the show. Andrew and I used to sit in on these shows. But A_____ is in hyper college audition/interview mode, so I don't think I can handle any more traveling right now.

Also, god bless Brooklyn Vegan for listing Brad as a member of Home ahead of Interpol.
    edited January 2019
    The racial dot map: one dot per person for the entire US

I found the distribution of blacks fascinating: generally speaking, outside the south, blacks only live in certain areas of large cities.

Also, as pointed out here, in rural areas outside the south, if there is a black population, it usually correlates with a prison.

It's probably stuff you already know but, to me, there's a difference between "knowing" in an abstract sense, and seeing it laid out.
    And Theresa May survives a non-confidence vote!

March 29 is when the UK is supposed to be out of the EU. Tick tick tick.
    That is neat as heck. I discovered a deeply Asian section of Baltimore not far from my nabe. That explains why the best Asian supermarket in town is right there.
    the MAP is neat as heck. England shooting themselves in the nuts is not.
    edited January 2019
    Here's another neat thing (not as neat as the map): enlarge then quickly shake your head side-to-side to see it.
    DwhQMrMUUAAXJtR.jpg
    877 x 869 - 97K
    I just gave the best interview of my life for a really good job with a really huge company. Here's hoping.
    Send me all your Johnny Paychecks. I think I may get an offer soon, possibly to start on 3/1.