Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We're back!

Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,491
We are back.

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,491
    SOOOOO WHAT WOULD EVERYONE HAVE TOLD ERIC ABOUT THEIR WEEKEND IF THE SITE HADN'T GONE DOWN?
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,491
    Simon and I went to the wndr museum, which is basically an exhibit made of photo opportunities. It was pretty fun, but he was sick by the time we got home. He and Tilda are both sick now, so that is probably our weekend.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    IT'S ALIVE!
    Thanks Jeff!
    Today: guitar practice in the morning, then a walk with Little S. to the bakers and to the public library. Plus a bit of video gaming in the late afternoon.

Tomorrow: there's a new Asterix animation movie out, we'll probably go see that.
    Little S. woke me up last night with a belly ache. Nothing serious, she's fine now. Probably ate too much valentine day's chocolate.
    Bruno Ganz died. Bummer.
    Brexit Pizza!
    The world is laughing at us, not with us. Venice. When I asked the waiter what was on the brexit pizza, he said "we promise it comes with everything but it actually comes with nothing and its also expensive and very hard to digest"
    DzYkysPWkAAilT3.jpg-large.jpeg
    1152 x 2048 - 320K
    Oh, and how about that "national emergency" of yours, eh?

• KimKim Posts: 624
    I went and saw Hiss Golden Messenger at a new old intimate venue 900 feet from my house. Then went and saw a friend play music and went to another friend’s studio to watch people karaoke.

Today I’m getting over a hangover from last night. Watching lots of tv. Tomorrow I’m going to work putting yearly Financial books together for a Neighborhood Association I work for
    It’s almost impossible to function without the big five tech giants
    As a US journalist discovered to her cost, trying to live without Google, Amazon and their ilk is a monumental problem.
    edited February 2019
    I've started using the internets in the late 90s, bought my first PC in the year 2000, and only because the grad students kicked me out of the computer lab. Back then, the internets were a fairly decentralized free-for-all that had little influence on most people's everyday life. Today, the internets are everywhere, they do everything and they are controlled by five big companies.

Basically, we've been able to observe in person and in real time how deregulated capitalism operates.
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:

download-5.jpg
    500 x 611 - 37K