Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

we've been able to observe in person and in real time how deregulated capitalism operates

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,494
    Same.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    edited February 2019
    You mean you need that Ericsplained to you, right?

Anyway, Jeff knows.
    edited February 2019
    Jeff should know, but apparently he has forgotten. It's my fault, as usual, I'm a bit late to the party.

I finally watched Get Out.
    Mark Hollis has died. Fucking bummer.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Aw man. That is rough.
    In my opinion, Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock are masterpieces.
    It's pretty easy for T____ and S____ to get Hungarian citizenship as ethnically Hungarian people. We've known that for a while. But this week, we found out that if I learn Hungarian, I can get Hungarian citizenship pretty easily, too, because T____ and I have been married more than ten years.

An EU passport seems like a good thing... the political situation in the US being what it is. I am going to try hard to finally learn Hungarian.
    edited February 2019
    Don't move to Hungary, though. Viktor Orban is as much of an asshole as Trump, and he has a far stronger hold over Hungary than President shit-fer-brains has over the US.
    Anyone paying attention to the Cohen testimony?
    Saw the first hour. Enjoyed myself.
    Someone should tell the repugs that, yeah, Cohen may be a bad guy, but he was hired by their president!
    Yeah, Orban and Fidesz are the worst. But I can live anywhere in the EU with a Hungarian passport.

It's a little ironic that our escape plan for leaving the US if it becomes even more fascist and racist is to get passports to an even more fascist/racist country. But the way they're changed the laws to basically throw passports at any Hungarian speaking white person of Hungarian heritage works in our favor.

We'd actually probably live in Romania. Simon and I can get pretty far in the Transylvania region on Hungarian. And it's cheap there.
    Anyway, bottom line: Trump is a lying, cheating, conniving racist asshole.

What's new, pussycat?
    I start my new job Friday. Just a short day to get my paperwork done, benefits enrolled, building access granted, and phone/laptop set up. Then they turn me loose and I go back Monday for training.
    I had forgotten the story about how he set up a straw buyer to make sure the portrait of himself fetched the highest price at auction, then paid the buyer back with his charity's money.

He's done much worse things, but I think that really captures his essence nicely.
    edited February 2019
    Are you feeling interested in getting back into the stream, or is the fear of starvation and homelessness the only motivator?
    And, more importantly, will you be able to keep posting on crappity during work hours?
    I may be around a little less at first, while I'm trying to be a good little new hire.

I'm feeling good about going back to work. I think this will be a good job for me.

I will miss watching Indian movies and day drinking though.
    What's everybody doing this weekend besides bracing for the harsh realities of late capitalism?
    Not sure. Probably trying to cram my brain full of as much Hungarian and/or work stuff as I can.
    That is an acceptable answer.
    I don't have much to add here. Boyless weekend. So, kind of a wildcard.
    Lots of Schitt's Creek, I'm sure. that's our new love.
    edited March 2019
    Wow, it's Brexit month already! I remember, back in 2016, when all the details were going to be easily settled in a few months at most?
    Next week, little S. is on what you guys would call "spring break" (here, it's more of a winter pause). I have to think up things to do with her.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    Great day! Sebadoh left Joyful Noise that record label I worked for that rips bands off. Lou Barlow stated what I said since I left accounting issues. Specifically royalties

karma is a Bitch finally :)
    A67988C4-C03E-4118-8D42-65B62321DA15.jpeg
    640 x 1136 - 173K
    More
    A5EFD630-B60C-45A8-B3A4-793464089B55.jpeg
    640 x 1136 - 173K
    More
    6B0881B1-BC1C-4A8B-9EB6-1A983D97357D.png
    640 x 1136 - 329K