Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

we've been able to observe in person and in real time how deregulated capitalism operates

124»

Comments

• KimKim Posts: 624
    Yay Jeff I’m so glad you like your job. You deserve it :smile:

Don’t let your thoughts in your head make you think you don’t deserve it. I have thoughts like that sometimes and try to remind myself they are just thoughts not reality
    I’m getting quite busy in my volunteer life. I’m Volunteer Coordinator for a woman’s music fest on 4/20 and I’m Ticketing Manager/HDQ Manager for a hip hop fest in August. I get paid for the hip hop and it’s the 5th year. The girls fest is in it’s initial year and only is 3 venues. Will be interesting since we haven’t done one yet. Both are in my neighborhood so it’s fun. The Hip hop festival is huge. It’s called Chreece and the girls fest is called Woo Girl Fest. It isn’t only women bands just have to have a female. I will have to ask what the requirements were in curating.
    Also Jeff, you probably already know this but The Mekons are coming out with Deserted on March 29. First proper album in 8 years according to my Bloodshot Records postcard
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,494
    I am stoked for their new record. There was that Mekons 77 thing last year with the original lineup, but I wasn't able to get into that. I did like the live recording of new songs from 2015 (2016?) a lot though. Supposedly they have another album in the can too, one that's folkier, on top of the new "space rock" jams they recorded in the desert.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Those fests sound like a good time, Kim.
    What's everybody planning on doing this coming weekend?
    Last full weekend with my dudes for a while, so will try to pack in some fun.

Captain Marvel. Music. Painting. Cooking.

Going to set up our Amazon fire thingee to show us more... "recent" moves.
    Alright, well I don't have time for this bullshit.

Jeff, you're going to one of those indoor flying experiences.

Kim, you volunteered to be an extra in your friends low budget movie. You're not looking forward to it, but like supporting other peoples passions.

Dan, you'll be checking the progress of the garlic and carrots in the geodesic hothouse you built last fall. Good luck!

Evan, you're going to help Pogo and Karen pick out some good paint combinations for their new house. Putting an emphasis on the power of accent walls.

See y'all Monday!
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    Dan, you'll be checking the progress of the garlic and carrots in the geodesic hothouse you built last fall. Good luck!
    Prepping for the apocalypse!
    My plans sound awesome!
    Actual plans are just piddling around the house and having some friends over for brunch tomorrow. Captain Marvel is high on my list but I'm not sure there's a fit for it this weekend. Simon has a play date today and tomorrow is that brunch.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    No plans except playing guitar and puttering 'round the house.
    We thoroughly enjoyed Captain Marvel. Hit all the Marvel notes and there was an important kitty role.

The song they played during one of the latter hand to hand battles was incredibly stupeh. But otherwise, thumbs up from this movies-only guy.
    edited March 2019
    "Just a Girl"? Yeah, that was weak sauce. We managed to sneak it in after all. It was middle of the pack for Marvel... definitely good but not world beating or anything. I liked the character and the performance a lot more than the direction. It was a little slow to get going and the action sequences were often just a noisy blur. But Larson, Jackson, and Mendelsohn were all great and they mostly sold it all without a hitch.