Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WE ARE ALL IMPOSTORS

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Where exactly do you get locked in?

A friend of mine's son just had a skating rink lock-in. So I guess those are things now? Don't recall any such thing.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    edited March 2019
    So, I got asked if I'd be interested in hosting a livingroom concert for Ken Stringfellow or Steve Wynn. I know who they are but never had a fanboy phase for either. Any thoughts from yall?
    I saw the Posies play a few years back. It was fun and stuff, but they were already over the hill by then. The room was empty and they were touring a mediocre album. They put on a good show tough. I remember that Mister Stringfellow was full of spite, jumping menacingly around and giving the evil eye at the audience. I've never listened to his solo endeavours, so I can't comment.

I'm a big Dream Syndicate fan, but Steve Wynn's solo stuff never caught my attention.
    Little S., wifey and I went marching with the kids today. Good crowd! I've been to a bunch of Earth day marches, and this one was way, way bigger!

Good job, kids!
    YAY tiny S!

I went to the DC gathering at lunch. Beautiful weather and very good vibes from the kids. 12/10. Would strike again.
    edited March 2019
    Hundred of thousands of people all over the world protested today to call for serious political action against climate change, but what's first page news everywhere? That's right, the massacre in New Zealand. 8-|

Fucking fascist motherfucker!
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,493
    Lock-ins were a thing when I was a kid, but overwhelmingly a church thing, though I remember a few at the Y.

This one is at the community fitness center. The kids are getting to do the climbing wall, swim, and then play (and eventually, hopefully sleep) in the gym.
    Heaven gained a little reverb today.
    From the article I linked:
    In 2015, Dale gave an interview to the Pittsburgh City Paper in which he said: “I can’t stop touring because I will die. Physically and literally, I will die.” He told Billboard magazine that he had health insurance, covering bills for diabetes, post-cancer treatment and other debilitating conditions, but that insurers refused to cover the replenishment of supplies he required to keep his stoma free from infection.

Dale told Billboard that he would prefer to stay at home with his wife and manager, Lana, if he could afford to do so. “But I’ve also got to realise I’ve been kept alive for a reason. People are not only coming to a concert, they’re coming to a way of life where we’re willing to share what our lives are all about and how we make fun of [health issues].

“It’s not: ‘Oh, I’m suffering down here and you’re having a good time up there.’ I can tell ’em how much goddam pain I’m going through ‘up there’. I let them know: I’ve got the same crap you’ve got.”
    My ex's band Pee Shy played a festival with him and he was a condescending ass to them.

I guess now is the time to let my grudge go.
    It was a wonderful weekend.

A___ was accepted to Carnegie Mellon University in their music composition program. This was his number one choice.

A___ got a request from Thomas Dolby (who runs the Music For New Media department at the Peabody Conservatory) for a follow up interview, which went well. This is his number two choice.

The stress of this entire process is starting to melt away as the yesses come in. I always had (probably unhealthily high) confidence in him, but as we wrapped up the interviews, I started to have chilly doubtful thoughts of nobody else recognizing it.
    edited March 2019
    Excelsior and huzzah!

For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow
    For he's a jolly good fellow (pause), and so say all of us
    And so say all of us, and so say all of us
    For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow
    For he's a jolly good fellow (pause), and so say all of us!

Congrats, A____!
    edited March 2019
    We had a power out saturday late afternoon, right when I was playing a video game. Lost about a half hour of playing. And the power out somehow killed my old Apple Airport router. That thing was older than my daughter, and it lived through all kinds of shit and kept on ticking. But not this time, it got killed dead (spills a bit of beer on the floor in memoriam).

Anyway, replaced it yesterday with a new D-Link router. So far, so good.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Congrats to your boys, Eric.! That's freaking awesome!
    Talking to my folks yesterday (St. Patty's Day), my mom tells me my Uncle Walker did that Ancestry DNA thing. Turns out I am ZERO% Irish. My whole life I figured I must be part Irish since my mom's side of the family are the Kelleys. Nope. I'm English/French. Most of my family (mom's side anyway) lived around the Dover/Normandy area.
    Oh boy. To find out on St Paddys is just insult to injury.

According to family lore, I'm 7/8th Irish. But being Irish Catholic, it wouldn't surprise me to find parentage secrets buried for generations. That's just how they rolled back then.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    Congrats Eric! That is really great. Is it Thomas Dolby, She blinded me with Science, Thomas Dolby?
    The one and only.
    edited March 2019
    I'm English/French. Most of my family (mom's side anyway) lived around the Dover/Normandy area.
    Could it be that you have a bit of French-Canadian in you? They were the first Europeans in your area of the US, and many originally came from northern France.
    Apparently some of my family came over around 1600.?
    EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN! Are you around? Come hang out in Plano tonight with me, Ryan, and Karen. C'mon!
    CMON!!!
    Carnegie Mellon? That is awesome. Truly impressive.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    Ryan and Karen need to get Evan’s digits
    I saw the dinner pics. I do not think communication was successful. :-/
    edited March 2019
    Karen and Ryan look the same as they did ten years ago when I saw them last, which hardly seems fair.

Evan did not make it, which was a bummer. Maybe next time.
    I wonder if I will ever see any of you guys in person...
    edited March 2019
    I will not visit the US while Il Douche is the POTUS.
    Theresa May should just fucking resign.
    So, there is just not enough votes to call for a new referendum? It felt (from across the ocean) like there was a huge amount of buyers remorse.

The Brexiteers are still just full steam ahead, despite seeing how messing and costly its going to be?