Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WE ARE ALL IMPOSTORS

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Karen and Ryan look the same as they did ten years ago when I saw them last
    I am also angry about that.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    My cat Charlie is loosing his balls today. I feel sorry for him.
    edited March 2019
    So, there is just not enough votes to call for a new referendum? It felt (from across the ocean) like there was a huge amount of buyers remorse.

The Brexiteers are still just full steam ahead, despite seeing how messing and costly its going to be?
    I don't think there's going to be a referendum any time soon: both the tory and labour leadership have rejected that possibility. I think the two options remaining are negotiated "soft" brexit and hard "no deal" brexit.

And yes, the brexiters are going full steam ahead. As far as I can tell, most are pretty much the UK equivalent of MAGAs: stupidly ideological, narrow minded and stubborn, dumbasses nostalgically pinning for the old days of empire. They're going "Brexit! Well tally ho! Absolutely top-hole, with an ying and yang and yippiedeedoo! If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through!"
    Happy Friday Errybody! Please make with the telling of the weekend activities.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,490
    I'm catching a flight back home tonight and hanging out with my family.
    Can't think of anything much better than that.
    Exciting Saturday for me. We get up early and drive to WestChester College where A___ will be playing with the school jazz band. They are kind of a big band style, large horn section and a female singer. A___ on piano. It's my first time seeing them live.

Then going to scoop up E____ and go see US. S____ thought it looked too scary and didn't want to go, but now that E___ is pushing for it, she doesn't want to look like a yellow bellied chicken.

Then, that night, will see A___ perform in jazz trio form with a couple buddies. His mom will be singing a couple of songs with them.

It's going to be a long but hopefully enjoyable day.
    Just did a 20 minute mindfulness (meditation) exercise at work. Felt pretty damn refreshing. The panfloutist on the backing track was LIT.
    How's Charlie feeling? Does he get a pack of frozen peas for his no-no zone?
    Charlie is mellower than usual, probably because of the painkillers we've been giving him.
    I wonder: will we ever know what's in Mueller's report?
    I am trying to get through the day without expressing to positively everyone around me how complete my confidence is that extraordinarily rich and powerful people are no more likely to face comeuppance today than yesterday, before the Mueller report.
    I quite enjoyed reading this: How the media let malicious idiots take over
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    edited March 2019
    I went to see Ike Reilly tonight 900 feet from my house. He’s from Chicago and puts on a helluva show. Straight up rock n roll. He was acoustic solo tonight though. I enjoyed it.

Tomorrow I’m working on getting my skilled volunteers all selected for this Festival of female fronted bands or female musicians called Woo Grl Fest. One day Festival in my neighborhood on April 20. Where I live is Fountain Square in Indy which is music city. All the good venues except 2 are here. Sunday I’m going to help my mom with some work at her house. She’s getting ready to go to Florida for a month.

I might be picking up some records for our friend Patrick in Connersville, IN which is about an hour away sometime soon. Then I’m going to ship them to him I believe. Or maybe meet in Memphis if his lawyer ass isn’t too busy ha.
    Man your kids are talented Eric! You should be a proud papa
    I was so happy to see that picture of you and Ryan & Karen Jeff! Y’all looked great :smile:
    I am trying to get through the day without expressing to positively everyone around me how complete my confidence is that extraordinarily rich and powerful people are no more likely to face comeuppance today than yesterday, before the Mueller report.
    Are you being ironic?
    Anybody else see the motion picture, "Us"?
    I sure want to see it! How was it?
    The title of today's chapter in my biography is "Too Little Sleep, Too Much Lunch."
    It didn't give me the same immediate "what the fuck did I just watch" high as Get Out, but I have been thinking about it nonstop since Saturday. It took me a while to realize how interesting the premise was.

Also, Lupita Nyong'o is most definitely getting at least nominated this year. Her performance is bone-rattling.

Must-see.
    The title of today's chapter in my biography is "Too Little Sleep, Too Much Lunch."
    feeling this too hard.
    edited March 2019
    Well, I hope the dems will now start talking less about collusion and more about corruption! And look on the bright side: chances are the orange shit gibbon will now feel empowered to do just about anything. Hoping he's been given enough rope to hang himself.
    I'm not feeling great about the odds that the frog will notice the gradual increase in the water temp.
    TMW2019-03-27color.png
    915 x 836 - 110K
    Scott Walker died. I'm not a fan, but I have some admiration for what he tried to do.
    This looks pretty funny:

Huh. It's a fun premise. I'd be more wary of it being a fawning wish-fulfillment fantasy, but it's Danny Boyle, so it can't be terrible, I wouldn't think.
    Republicans block U.S. Senate Democrats' move on making Mueller report public

Bravo! Here's how one kicks oneself in one's own balls.