Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

without help from a tottering world economy!

Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
Hiya!

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    oh hey!
    dearie me. I've been blathering on in an empty room.
    What's the weekend plans, everybody?

We have a dear old friend in town that I have not seen in 15 years or so. Doogie Howser type smart dude who I thought was destined to be an amazing author, but wound up becoming a medical doctor instead.

Interesting bit, he and S_______ dated for a while way back in the day.

After they broke up, she got into a relationship with a woman and he realized that he was gay. It was all amicable, but the popular joke at the time was that the relationship was so horrible that they both were ruined for the opposite gender.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Aaaannnnd... May's deal was rejected a third time. 8-}
    edited March 2019
    This weekend? I have no idea. Wifey's away doing a training thing. It's just me and little S. and I have no idea what to do with myself.

Yesterday, I slept alone, I had insomnia, and I was cold. I'm pathetically co-dependent.
    awwwww. you old softie.

my wifey is away all next week. hoping enough bourbon and masturbation will get me through.
    Yeah, one would have think that I would go on a binge or something, but I can't, I'm in charge of the kid.
    Good call.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Damn, I just got a summons for jury duty.
    edited March 2019
    Good call.
    Responsibilities!
    Damn, I just got a summons for jury duty.
    Responsibilities.
    I really hope Mister Fuck will eventually tell us what he knows.
    On the interwebs, everyday is April fools day!
    Happy Monday, people!
    Same to you! It's been one hell of a day so far. Hoping everyone calms the fuck down real real soon.
    I generally don't even read news during the day any more. I spend all day trying to get some sales rolling and I let the despair wait until my train ride home.
    It's not good for ya.
    Add this to the "list of things the Republicans fucked up without an actual plan to fix it" despite promising people that this "totally wouldn't happen, we swear."

FTC gives ISPs green light to block applications as long as they disclose it
    Do you guys know a japanese cartoon that plays on Netflix called Aggretsuko? Little S. is a huge fan.
    Retsuko is an anthropomorphic red panda, 25 years old and single, who works in the accounting department of a Japanese trading firm. Facing constant frustration every day from pushy superiors and annoying co-workers, Retsuko lets out her emotions by going to a karaoke bar every night and singing death metal.
    I think it's hilarious. I recommend you watch it in the original japanese, with subtitles.
    Sounds fun. BoJack Horseman for the kids.
    Does anyone have plans this weekend or is it time to just give up on everything forever?
    I Will check that cartoon out, Dan. Sounds like something Simon and I might both enjoy.
    This weekend we're putting together a science fair project. Acids, bases, cabbage juice, that kind of thing.

How about youse?
    I'm also hoping the Cubs will win for the second time this year, but given that they've dropped five in a row this may be a tall order.
    I love me some science fair action. Have fun with that.
    edited April 2019
    I will be spreading around a very large amount of soil and mulch in out community garden.

The heavy duty rains that we've been getting over the last couple of years have prompted us to move to raised beds. We built all the structures in the Fall, so now we have to fill them up and get some seeds and transplants going.
    And if baby wins big at the roulette wheel tonight, we'll go fur coat shopping. She comes home tomorrow.
    We're going shopping for backsplash tiles. Our kitchen is getting renovated soon.