Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

without help from a tottering world economy!

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Sunday and Monday I'm taking the large boy up for Carnegie Mellon accepted-student welcome day.

I'm worried about the price, so I think he and his mom are conspiring to get me to love the school.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    I am getting my brakes serviced, which is one of those nice things you can do when paychecks start coming in again.
    Brakes rule.
    I guess most people have found a (sometimes legitimate) reason to not care about Star Wars anymore, but the new trailer got me HYPE! I still like it when they nyooooom swooosh pew!
    My movie universe enthusiasm belongs to Star Wars' corporate siblings at Marvel these days. Bigger pallette, better results.
    But you won't try to diminish my pleasure, right?
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    I'm a bit confused by the implicit assumption that unleashing immigrants on sanctuary cities is actually some kind of punishment. Did Miller think that releasing busloads of migrants in San Francisco or New York would instantly cause the city to collapse into some kind of dystopian hellscape? What exactly did these assholes think would happen?
    Err... Ok, I'll shut up this time.
    Merci <3
    I'm a bit confused by the implicit assumption that unleashing immigrants on sanctuary cities is actually some kind of punishment. Did Miller think that releasing busloads of migrants in San Francisco or New York would instantly cause the city to collapse into some kind of dystopian hellscape? What exactly did these assholes think would happen?
    That is literally the message. It's painful to see them not realize how baldly racist they sound to sane people. Everyday, we sink lower.

"Let people like things" is a simple rule for life I try to follow.
    edited April 2019
    OOOOOOOooooooooOOOOO!

15°C today! Winter is over! I want to run naked in the streets!
    Spring may be there, but winter is here. Six inches of snow and still coming down hard.
    So you don't want to run naked in the streets. Bummer.
    Happy Monday!
    R.I.P. Bibi Andersson.
    Shit that made me laugh:

D35IuDiWwAM3lhn.jpg
    828 x 828 - 102K
    (snort)
    TFW someone gets a bunch of attaboys at work for explaining how to do something they just figured out .. that you've been doing for a long time and never imagined anyone couldn't manage.
    edited April 2019
    The only downside to this job so far is that given how huge A Tried & True company is, how long they've been around, and how many areas they are in, there is a lurking subset of people who have had a bad experience with us at some point and are just waiting for some poor son of a bitch to reach out so that they can spew their pent up rage at them.

If it's not clear, I am often that poor SOB.
    edited April 2019
    Experts deride Trump's Notre Dame firefighting advice as 'risible'

I know, shooting fish in barrels and shit, but I can't help having a laugh each time goofus doofus potus makes an ass of himself.
    It literally doesn't matter what he says. He faces no consequences for anything he says, no matter how transparently stupid or unconscionably evil. His base will rationalize it, ignore it, or just reveal that their standards were already low enough to accommodate this new wrinkle.
    Lets listen to an adult for a change:

If it's not clear, I am often that poor SOB.
    I've been meaning to discuss with you a customer service situation that I experienced regarding my cell phone.

But I'll wait for the next Crappitystock.
    Greta is an absolute treat.
    Also, agreed that this endless Brexit shitshow is running down the clock when they should be implementing and ratcheting up their renewable energy plans.
    edited April 2019
    You know what is the number one lesson that I have learn from my two decades on the internets? That people can write in complete and intelligible and, for the internet, grammatically correct sentences and paragraphs, they may have a big vocabulary, even post what seem to be comprehensive and complex arguments that make them appear like they have a certain amount of knowledge about things...

And still be total blithering idiots.
    Yeah. And it's a big time waster, because you are a few paragraphs in before you realize it.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Hey guys. Just checking in. Been hanging with the new roomie, doing schoolwork, and trying to improve my fingerpicking. Also been staying away out of shame for being too lame to drive to Plano and see Jeff. Hope y’all are doing well. I love you!
    Love you too, Ev.