Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Happy birthday, Daniel-san!

Comments

• KimKim Posts: 624
    I do not
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Kim, meant to say I'm really happy to hear that festival was a success! That's a cool project. Is it annual?
    What are all y'all doing over the next 72 hours?
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,494
    edited April 2019
    Tomorrow, we go see Avengers. Then there's a bday party in the city for one of my old city friends' kids. Sunday we will celebrate our anniversary a day early.

Twelve years married and still not sick of each other. I feel like we should get a ribbon or a button.
    The big one-two, congrats my friend. What is the celebration plan (besides the boooop boooop)?

I'd have you beat if I was allowed to combine my two marriages, but that is usually frowned upon.
    We got Sunday morningEndgame tix. It's going to be some tricky social media surfing until then. I don't have any serial spoiler friends, but honestly I don't even want to know if anyone liked or disliked it until I go.
    Traditional 12th anniversary gift is silk, btw. (raising and lowering eyebrows salaciously)
    The one bit of 100% non-spoiler but highly useful information I heard--and this is highly relevant stuff to middle aged folk--is that the film is 3 hours and two minutes long with no intermission and is preceded by twenty minutes of trailers.

So... Word is there is not one thing a person would want to miss in the last hour. So your two best chances to pee are:

-about 55 minutes in when there is the scene in the rain in Tokyo. Supposedly nearly the whole scene is in the trailer anyway and they recap it so you won't miss anything. The scene where Hulk eats lunch shortly after is silly and inessential too.
    -last chance is when the New Jersey title card comes on screen.
    We booked Simon's ticket to Romania. He's going to spend the summer with his grandmother there. Should be awesome for him, both in helping him with language/culture and for the time with Tilda's mom.

We have this goofy rewards program through work where we get points for tracking our steps, diet, etc. Since I do all of that anyway, I'm raking 'em in fast. I think before Simon gets back I should redeem enough gift card money to upgrade his mandolin. Still not a fancy one, but better than the $50 cheapie he's been using.
    71UzAxnZBrL._SL1500_.jpg
    889 x 1500 - 98K
    That will be an excellent experience for Simon. What a great opportunity.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    Trump Moves To Withdraw U.S. From U.N. Arms Trade Treaty

This part got my attention:
    The U.S. withdrawal had been expected. Trump made it official at the National Rifle Association's annual convention in Indianapolis, pulling out a pen onstage and signing a paper that he said would take back the Obama administration's signature on behalf of the U.S.

The ATT has long been a target of the NRA, which claimed it would harm U.S. gun owners. Trump echoed that criticism on Friday, calling the ATT a threat to Second Amendment rights. "We will never surrender America's sovereignty to an unelected, unaccountable, global bureaucracy," Trump was quoted as saying, in a White House statement announcing the change.
    Thanks Eric! It was in it’s first year. Next year they are having a national headliner so it should be interesting. I work for a hip hop festival that’s in it’s 6th year. This will only be my 2nd though. I’m just the Headquarter/Ticketing Manager for that and only a few people under me.

The NRA, Cheeto and the VP opened up the NRA convention here. I’m trying to stay far away from downtown. Hopefully they aren’t cultured enough to make it to my neighborhood. They = NRA convention I did see a camouflaged truck with a sticker that said I love guns, titties and Trump
    It is supposed to rain tomorrow so I don’t know what I’m going to do. Listen to some albums probably.

Hope you guys enjoy the movie
    Ditto.
    D4xEQXLW0AEOxC7.jpg-large.jpeg
    600 x 406 - 41K
    No spoilers on Avengers Endgame, but I will say that maybe the real endgame was the friends we made along the way.
    (putting my arm around everybody)
    We did all see Game of Thrones though right?
    "See" might not be the operative word. But yes, I was tuned in.
    Yeah that was a murky dark episode. Visually speaking. Plus, it led to a certain amount of hiding behind the sofa.
    edited April 2019
    Won $50 in our office dealpool. I had Theon three weeks in a row. So glad I didn't lose hope.
    oh shit. spoiler ^
    edited April 2019
    I made that text white on white. It's still there but it won't show unless someone clicks on it on purpose.
    Ok, kitchen renovations started. The house is a mess and the cats seem traumatized.
    Democrats Have Created an “Electability” Monster
    “Electability” is a crock of shit. It is defined, like political “moderation,” only in terms of opposition to things people want, but are told they can’t have, ranging from antiwar politics to left-wing economic populism to even the “cultural liberalism” that is seemingly the cornerstone of the modern Democratic Party.
    Yes. And everybody seems to think they know who is "electable". It's like 2016 never fucking happened.
    Gluhhh... I just looked at the actual polls. Biden is killing it. He is one of the very few candidates that I actively dislike. God willing he'll have another scandal at the right moment.
    to be clear.. I actively dislike him in the context of the presidency right now. I got no personal beef.