Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Super spiked!

1235»

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    I do. Especially this month when I'm coming face to face with the end of childhood and want to spend ALL my time with him, but he wants to take part in all the friend activities (naturally).

It's a rough combo. I'm just keeping in mind that this summer we're doing a 48 hour film challenge and recording one more album together. So those will be great.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    Damn, Roky Erickson died. People die all the time, but this one hurts. Bummer.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,490
    edited June 2019
    Simon has developed a fascination with the pop singer Billie Eilish. I was dimly aware of who she was, because of the "bad guy" meme. But looking into her, I gotta say, she is a solid choice for kid fandom. She's a teenager who makes clever-ish trap pop, isn't hypersexualized, doesn't seem to give a flying fuck about celebrity or expectations and just generally seems 100% comfortable in her own skin.

I was won over when I saw a clip of her advice to young people: "Do not. Post. Your feelings. Just. Don't."

She does not seem to be a product so much as a talented oddball who is able to succeed by doing whatever seems cool to her personally. Not Kurt Cobain or anything, but still a bit of an iconoclast.
    It's definitely a step up from when he crushed on Disney teen stars.
    Well that and he likes "Old Town Road."

But I'm choosing to focus on the not bad pop singer instead of the country rap novelty hit.
    Little S. is into Blonde Redhead these days. Before that, it was Arcade Fire. She had a Maroon 5 phase about a year ago. And before that she was into Stromae.
    Little E__________ is 100% speed/prog metal. I've been trying to teach him how to shred on guitar, although it was never particularly my strong suit.
    More dumb shit that makes me laugh:
    62088040_2098444660456695_1659308718719762432_n.jpg
    425 x 532 - 87K
    S____ and I routinely have to text each other because our cats will try this.

"Xena is meowing like you didn't feed her this morning"

"She's a lying bitch"
    Our cats are honest. They're feed twice per day, 1/4 cup per cat at 8 am, and then at 6 pm. We never forget, and it's always at the same time everyday, so I guess they figured there's no point in asking.
    No cats are honest. They're just playing the long game.
    edited June 2019
    No cats are honest. They're just playing the long game.
    Anyone else into Starcrawler? They are rocking my world.
    Starcrawler? Who's that?
    edited June 2019
    That is some fluffy stuff right there.
    Just got a promotion at work. Won't know the financials for a couple weeks, but hopefully it'll be something I can feel. Baby could use a new fur coat.
    Woot woot! Huzzah!

NOW PAY HIM, FUCKERS.
    RIP, Dr. John.

Was it Pat that insisted I spend some time with Gris Gris?

That was time well spent.
    Does anyone have any weekend plans that they'd like to share with the group?
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,277
    I wish I had some plans to share with the group.
    I hope some land right there on your lap.
    I hope some land right there on your lap.
    SpitefulPettyBrownbutterfly-size_restricted.gif
    500 x 278 - 2M
    "For all of the money we are spending, NASA should NOT be talking about going to the Moon - We did that 50 years ago. They should be focused on the much bigger things we are doing, including Mars (of which the Moon is a part), Defense and Science!"
    Donald J. Trump

Wackadoodle!
    In what sense does he feels he is focusing the government onto science?
    Anyway, in case you don't know, the leading hypothesis for the origin of the Moon is that, 4.6 billions years ago, and object the size of Mars wacked the Earth sideways and caused part of the Earth's mantle to form a rig of debris orbiting the Earth that later coalesced into the Moon. President Shit-fer-brains probably got things all mixed up. Stable genius indeed.
    In what sense does he feels he is focusing the government onto science?
    He just pulls this shit out of his ass. He's the walking, breathing embodiment of the Dunning–Kruger effect.
    edited June 2019
    You’re all wrong!

Trump spilled the beans on the Lemurian/Illuminati plans to take over the world! Reptilian aliens have advance bases on the Moon and their main base is on Mars. They’re living amongst us and along with the help of Illuminati have secretly moved into positions of power. They are worried that missions to Mars will reveal their base, so they will need to launch an all out power grab from Mars to enslave us all soon, and the Moon is a part of that!!!

It’s why we need SPACE FORCE!!!

We needed it YESTERDAY!

Don’t you see?!?

Wake up!!!
    Signed: funny guy on the internet
    the leading hypothesis for the origin of the Moon is that, 4.6 billions years ago, and object the size of Mars wacked the Earth sideways and caused part of the Earth's mantle to form a rig of debris orbiting the Earth that later coalesced into the Moon.

Ha. There is absolutely zero chance that that is what he was referring to. I had to make a leap of faith just to accept that maybe he meant the Moon mission was viewed as a stepping stone to Mars.