Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The walking, breathing embodiment of the Dunning–Kruger effect

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Bummer Moe. Hope you get well soon. I sometimes get lower back pain when I'm emptying my dishwasher. I have to bend in just the right way to get it to hurt. I bend over to get to the dishes in the lower rack and bam, I have a spasm. Totally unpredictable, I can be doing the same thing for months and suddenly, for no apparent reason, there it is. Fortunately, it doesn't last long.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    y'all old.
    Don't I know it!
    Changing the kitty litter is what gives me unreasonably strong back pain. Obviously it's not actually strenuous. But it's juuuussst the right angle to set me off.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I think I may have a herniated disc. I’m going to the doc tomorrow to find out. My left leg is hurting, too. I’ve basically been bedridden for a couple of days now.

‘Bedridden’ sounds like it should be sexual and not about being ill or incapacitated.
    Has anyone on crappity read the Mueller Report?
    Maybe I’ll read it after I finish The Children of Men. P.D. James was such a great writer, and TCoM is a great book...so far.
    Oof. That sounds rough. Sorry to hear that.
    It’s frustrating because one reason I exercise is to try to avoid this kinda crap.
    Is it just me who thinks this logo is a bit too swasticky?
    6EA7F560-988D-4E11-843A-06D6F875B69C.jpeg
    3264 x 2448 - 1021K
    377E7089-B152-4FA1-9B18-8D27A35314B0.jpeg
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
    CD8746A1-7CBE-4E7D-887D-8FAE2DFF8977.jpeg
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
    Totally, dude. I mean, what's more fascist than physical exercise?
    Partly that and partly thisimage
    And those are two very different moods.
    Inflatable Dancey Guy Killed Crappity.
    I was wounded, but he didn't quite kill me.
    I just had an X-ray. Now I'm going to the pharmacy to pick up some kinda muscle relaxer. The doctor told me not to exercise for at least 2 weeks, so that kinda sucks.
    The 2020 election is going to be a vicious affair. The Trump campaign has nothing new to propose, therefore all they have left is lies, insults and bullshit . Ratfucking on steroids, basically. I hope the democrats will have a candidate that can take the avalanche of manure that will come his (or her) way.
    I am not enjoying how casual everyone is starting to say "well.. Trump is not going to willingly leave the White House no matter how the votes come in."

Sure, he might try some bullshit like that, but I really need everyone to be SUPER duper clear what the next steps are. Don't need people shrugging and saying "welp, that's Trump for ya!" womp womp.
    Did the X-Ray show anything?
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Agree. Also not loving Trump's slow escalation of "Maybe we'll just get rid of term limits" from knee slapper to funny idea to something "some people might want" and its certain path to "Thing he tries to do."
    Saw Sebadoh last night. Kinda was hoping for more hits (they played a lot from the new record) and Lou had an absolute tuning meltdown that wound up creating a 15 minute "intermission", but otherwise they were ripping it up and having a blast. The good time was infectious.
    edited June 2019
    X-ray showed nothing conclusive. The doctor said to call in a few weeks if I was still having problems and she’d order an MRI. So I’ve spent over $150 by trying to save $30 to install a cabin air filter. (angry face)
    Ok. Hoping it was just a strain and will straighten itself out.
    Get well soon!
    This weekend is my brother J_______'s wife's baby shower, which we are hosting.

She's nice. Party will be nice. But I'll be glad when it's over. Logistics and all being exhausting.

Nice to have a bunch of family up here though.
    v. cool.
    Big weekend for us.

Hershey Park on Saturday (my company's picnic).

Grad-B-Q on Sunday. (our annual A_____ birthday bbq with an extra layer of graduate this year)

This year's theme is Space, so if you have any space themed deep cut songs, lemme hear em. I've gotten most of the obvious ones already.
    Get well, Ev!