Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some kinda society groove

Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
Well if this isn't a thread title I don't know what is.

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    :bz
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Thank you for legalizing, Illinois!
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Illi-noice is more like it!
    am I right, people?
    Yes!
    Which state will be next?
    It’s going to take a while to get this rickety shack in shape, but the plan is to get my house looking good and then sell it. I don’t want to be a homeowner anymore.
    That'll be a good project. Are you a handy person?
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    It's funny 'cause it's true.
    64937084_2444110849182219_1824491421462167552_n.jpg
    514 x 422 - 80K
    FWIW, it's now legal to smoke and possess small quantities of marijuana in Illinois, but it's also still legal for companies to drug test you and use it as a criterion for termination.
    That fucking sucks. In Canada, drug testing isn't illegal but, as far as I know, it is primarily conducted in situations where safety is a concern. I have never undergone any kind of drug testing.
    Anybody watch the 'bates last night?
    Nope. But the internets say that Elizabeth Warren did good.
    I’m handy at hiring other people who know what they’re doing.

I watched the debate!
    I don’t think anyone won the debate, but I don’t think Beto or Ryan did themselves any good.
    Warren was ok. Tulsi Gabbard and Juan Castro were probably the best ones on the stage. De Blasio was winner of most annoying candidate.
    Who was the guy on the far right of the stage? Whoever he was, he was pretty annoying, too. Just too many people on the stage was the biggest problem.
    Supreme Court decides federal judges cannot block gerrymandering
    The Supreme Court rules that federal courts may not block gerrymandering.
    The vote was 5-4 decision, falling along partisan lines.
    “We conclude that partisan gerrymandering claims present political questions beyond the reach of the federal courts,” wrote Chief Justice John Roberts, who delivered the opinion of the court.
    He says those asking the top court to block gerrymandered districts effectively sought “an unprecedented expansion of judicial power.”
    El vomito.
    Seriously fuck this Supreme Court.
    That dude way on the right was from my home state and BOY OH BOY are we feeling embarassed.
    If gerrymandering is beyond the reach of federal courts, who has the power to do anything about it?
    The legislators who directly benefit from it.

oops.
    All the "Justices" that just enshrined gerrymandering into permanent legal status are Republicans, and Republicans are the people responsible for almost all gerrymandering at the moment.
    I hate Republicans.
    An republicans hate you.
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    Flat earth.jpg
    640 x 705 - 47K
    Can I just say here, among friends, that while I am primarily OF COURSE focused on the issues and which candidates speak most intelligently on them... Kamala Harris is super hawt, you guys.
    I think this is a safe space to say that she is a lovely tomato and that I would like for her to boss me around.
    Marrianne Williamson was surface level beguiling, but gives off the kind of vibe that makes you 1000% sure that any relationship would end in disastrous flames.