Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

That was as satisfying as seeing a nazi get punched.

Comments

• moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Mucho PMAs for you and yours.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Sending them along post haste.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,472
    My family is in Malta.
    received_1330894027075010.jpeg
    1530 x 2040 - 249K
    received_457443984835004.jpeg
    2048 x 1536 - 282K
    received_2110910725687418.jpeg
    1536 x 2048 - 177K
    received_432438187369761.jpeg
    3072 x 4096 - 1M
    received_2326650767575907.jpeg
    3072 x 4096 - 1M
    received_489474661812024.jpeg
    3072 x 4096 - 1M
    Aw. Simon looks like he's having a blast.
    He is. Their hotel turned out to be a shit hole, but can't win em all I guess.

Looking it over, it seems like they bombarded their online reviews with fakes the last few weeks before the season, putting positive ones at the top and dragging their rating up to a modest three stars. Since the season opened, it's all one and two star reviews.

It's okay though, they're rarely in the room anyway. And live and learn and all of that.
    Simon's favorite part of Malta is apparently eating seafood for every single meal. He loves just being able to pick literally any corner restaurant and get very fresh fried shrimp, cod, etc.
    I've just been working, binge watching Legion (which is WAY MORE PSYCHEDELIC than I realized) and trying not to drink too much even though I am bored, alone, and unsupervised. (And mostly succeeding. #growth)
    edited August 2019
    Weird thing though: Maltese people seem to eat breakfast LATE, like 10 am or later. So every day they wake up they have to decide if they are going to be hungry for a few hours... or eat McDonald's, which is literally the only breakfast place open before 10.
    I wonder what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Malta.
    They got the metric system over there. They wouldn't know what the fuck a quarter pounder is.
    But seriously though I asked and they're gonna find out for me.
    They're also obsessed with Malta's national soft drink, Kinnie, which T____ says tastes like a non-alcoholic Aperol spritzer.
    And the answer is: it's a quarter pounder.
    Disappointed its not the 113 Grammer with Cheese.
    Thanks for finding out.
    You're my fact-checkin' cuz.
    We finished all of Fleabag last night. If I haven't mentioned before it is a wonderful show. I'm sad that there doesn't seem to be plans for any more seasons.
    edited August 2019
    Just learned that she wrote and ran Killing Eve. Anyone watch that? Worthwhile?
    edited August 2019
    It's terrific. An exciting spy show but laugh out loud funny, usually as a result of Villanelle, the oddball contract killer. Not as good as Fleabag (how many shows are though?) but very fun. Jodie Comer is a fabulous, singular loon as Villanelle. And Sandra Oh's title character is less brassy but still constantly surprising.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge has one other show, Crashing. Not to be confused with the HBO show about stand-ups. It's a UK show you can find on Netflix about young singles who've signed on as caretakers of a disused hospital in exchange for free rent. Drinking, sex, etc. follow in due course. Doesn't have the depth of her other work, but it's as loopy and funny. Kinda sexy in spots too.
    The Kingdom on Netflix is really good. Using medieval Korea as the setting for a zombie story is pretty genius. Season 1 is only 6 episodes.

I have to go back to work tomorrow. I’ve basically spent my summer break being depressed and taking care of my mom. The best thing about the break is sleeping late. School would be much better if it started later.
    Sorry to hear that, man. I hope you get some fun students.

Did you at least get a nice tan?
    No tan, man. Heat and I don’t get along all that well.
    I did manage to read a couple of good books.
    That's not nothing. I did not and I'm feeling pretty lunkheaded about that.

I just ordered the new Richard Powers. Maybe he he can help me kickstart my brain.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    edited August 2019
    I did manage to read a couple of good books.
    What good books did you read?
    RIP, David Berman of Silver Jews.
    I haven't seen anyone say the words but everyone is implying it was suicide.
    His music and poetry are extremely important to S______. I had to very gently break the news to her last night. When I did, she didn't ask me how, she just said "It was a suicide". She wept the rest of the night. It was hard.

He was a special ass writer whose music was played constantly in the clubs and homes of Tampa in the 90s.
    Bummer. I have a couple of Silver Jews records. I'll spin them today in memoriam.
    edited August 2019
    I'm down with an ear infection. Nothing serious, just your regular bather otitis: I spent a lot of time in a swimming pool last week.

Boy oh boy, am I happy to be living in a place and time where I have easy access to pain killers!