Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I love gay cowboy music videos.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
Cowboys are gay.

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Still processing not having him around as much, but it was exactly what I needed our last weekend of the first act of his life. Cracking each other up, collaborating and talking about music.

I love that dude.
    That you have been able to stay close to him trough his adolescent years gives me hope. My parents and I had very little in common. We lived under the same roof, but that's it. So my daughters burgeoning adolescence kinda gives me the willies.

I hope I will be able to stay close to little S.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    I had a cantankerous relationship with my father as well. He's a little Asbergers and I was an emotional fool. So when he kicked me out of the house for quitting the church, neither one of use had any tools to work through it. We are tight now, but I wish it hadn't taken quite so long.

I hope everything goes well with tiny S in the coming years.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Positive parental atoms to all.
    My family comes home TOMORROW.

Woot woot!

YAAAYYY!!!
    Poor Simon is wiped out. It's around 100F there and he overdid it on dairy yesterday too. He's nauseous and miserable and ready to return to the land of a/c.
    My tummy just got mad at the mere mention of "hot weather" and "excessive dairy".
    Having two gelatos feels like a good solution to being overheated in the moment, but... maybe not so much after the fact.
    edited August 2019
    That's why gawd, in her infinite wisdom, has given us sorbet.
    My kid is coming home to find out he has a piano and a big stack of comics.
    That's the best way to come home.
    edited August 2019
    They are about to catch their connecting flight out of Warsaw. Just spoke to them. They're full of pierogis and happy.
    They're full of pierogis and happy.
    To my mind, that is a redundant statement.
    Got sucked into an old movie last night call Cry Havoc about a group of women that volunteer as nurse assistants in the Phillipines during WWII. They come in fairly pampered and privileged and have to quickly learn how to navigate mortal danger and lack of food and supplies.

It was very enjoyable but also notable for scoring a near perfect Bechdel test score in 1943. All female cast not wasting their time talking about boys.
    edited August 2019
    Gotta watch that. I'm a sucker for classic Hollywood cinema. I basically grew up watching it, there was nothing else on TV late afternoon when I was a kid. Hot chocolate and a cheesy American movie. They were merely 30 to 40 years old back then, not really classics yet.
    Trump Administration Makes Major Changes To Protections For Endangered Species
    In a move that critics say will hurt plants, animals and other species as they face mounting threats, the Trump administration is making major changes to how the Endangered Species Act is implemented. The U.S. Department of Interior on Monday announced a suite of long-anticipated revisions to the nation's premier wildlife conservation law, which is credited with bringing back the bald eagle and grizzly bears, among other species.
    Meanwhile, morons on the internets are very busy spinning conspiracy theories about Epstein. Far more entertaining!

In my experience, most of the discussion about nearly everything on the nets has degenerated into a battle of competing conspiracy theories.
    I've been binge watching Legion. Did NOT realize how much that show trips balls.
    Season one is pot weird, season two is LSD weird and season three is someone-laced-this-acid-with-angel-dust weird.

I have not but just watched the trailer and it looks like a fun thing.
    They're home!!!!!
    Why am I just finding out that Aubrey Plaza is in it. That's all y'all had to say.
    Aubrey Plaza plays a role written for a crusty middle aged white dude... and upon accepting the role, insisted not a word of it be rewritten.
    The child by the way is amazing. Went to sleep at 11:30, woke up at 7. Fully functional, no signs of jet lag.
    Kids withstand the darndest things.
    This strike three call from last night's Cubs game has Twitter rolling.

edited August 2019
    This strike three call from last night's Cubs game has Twitter rolling.
    Why? Umpire fuck-ups are part of the game, as far as I'm concerned.
    edited August 2019
    It's like that tweet shows: 0.00% of the time in pitch tracking history has that pitch been called a strike. There's mistakes then there's embarrassing mistakes.

It's not an umps-make-mistakes sitch, it's a holy-shit-a-new-all-time-worst one.

Getting closer to robo umps every day.
    edited August 2019
    PMAs for my brother Jonathan's kid and wife if you got 'em. They're inducing his wife tonight because the baby's heart rate isn't good. He will be about two months premature. That is right at the line where outcomes go from decent to good. So here's hoping.