Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unleashing the keepers of the gloom

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    I sent A_____ a care package with homemade key lime pie cookies, vintage musical drinking glasses, popcorn, pringles, starbucks card and a box of jimmy hats.

He just sent me the nicest fucking thank you text I've ever received and now I'm tearing up at my desk.

Here's hoping I toughen up eventually.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Awwwww, you guys!
    I hope my kid turns out half as well.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Youse guys all need to toughen up! Wimps!

(Discreetly wipes tears)
    I am deeply disappointed in the queen. I didn't know that was a feeling I could have.
    edited August 2019
    I am deeply disappointed in the queen. I didn't know that was a feeling I could have.
    I don't want to sound like I'm defending her but, in the British-style parliamentary system, the queen is just a figurehead who doesn't have any real power.

If she didn't acquiesce, she would have been in the shit with the brexiters and she would have gone against centuries of procedure.

Personally, I don't want the Governor General of Canada (the person that represents the crown around these parts) going around doing what he wants, even though sometimes that fucks with what I want.

In other words, blame Boris Piccaninny Watermelon Letterbox Cake Bumboys Vampires Haircut Wall-Spaffer Spunk-Burster Fuck-Business Fuck-The-Families Get-Off-My-Fucking-Laptop Turds Johnson and the Conservative party, not the queen. And who knows, maybe she's a brexiter too. I wouldn't be surprised.
    edited August 2019
    There's a manager sending out Labor Day messages thanking people who have served for their service.

Should I reply back saying that yes, I also support unions?
    Yeah, you should. And you should pin a sign saying "kick me" to your back too.
    THIS WEEKEND IS NOT ABOUT YOU, FATCAT!!
    edited August 2019
    Speaking of the weekend... WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THIS EXTENDED WEEKEND?
    Summer is nearly over, so I'll be preparing classes.
    That seems noble and season appropriate.
    It's E______'s birthday and out of numerous option we gave him, he chose a clothes shopping spree. It's his birthday, so that means actual retail stores (we normally lean mostly on thrifting). Not my fave thing to do but it's going to make him happy.

His gift is one year of Adobe Creative Suite which will REALLY make him happy.

We are feeling worried that he will be bored on weekends without his brother. One local friend is now at college and the other is embroiled in her schoolfriends and is hard to nail down for activities. At least the first weekend will be partytown USA.

Thats the only plan. I'm sure we'll be grilling things and suchnot. Clap some cheeks before we go pick him up.
    We're going to get to work planning T____'s 40th Birthday party. She wants a camping theme. So giant s'mores bar, ordering barbecue, tents and whatnot.
  • Today, we found a nice Polish man selling hardwood (oak and maple) shipping pallets and bought all of them. We used them to make a bar and an outdoor sectional. I'm delighted with how they came out. We should get everything finished up tomorrow and I'll post pics.
    Dumb shit that made me laugh:
    69861670_10156556972364562_6554544780062228480_n.jpg
    457 x 609 - 29K
  • Dig it: outdoor living room. Total cost: $200

IMG_20190901_203307797.jpg
    4096 x 3072 - 3M
    IMG_20190901_203304305.jpg
    4096 x 3072 - 2M
    That looks pretty good. Bravo!
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    62334787_10156902127745546_4398556478340857856_n.jpg
    540 x 546 - 50K
  • So the new Joker movie is basically Incel Joker? That sounds gross.
    edited September 2019
    We got crazy thunderstorms this morning and now my new outdoor living room is soaked. We'd moved the electronics inside, the cushions to the back of the patio, and put up a curtain to keep water off them, but the wind was so intense, it just blew past and soaked everything anyway. Nothing is damaged but it'll be a day or two before I can sit out there again, which is a bummer.

I may build a lattice wall as a windbreak.

Anywho, how are you nice people doing?
    edited September 2019
    Starting work tomorrow. I'm always a bit anxious the day before. I'll probably won't get much sleep tonight. I always calm down after, as soon as I'm back into the groove of the new routine.

No matter how long I've been doing this, going from basically being a lazy bum for several months to talking in front of a group of people for several hours per week is always a wee bit stressful.
    So the new Joker movie is basically Incel Joker? That sounds gross.
    I'm sorry, I'm not very knowledgeable of these things but... Wasn't the Joker boinking Harley Quinn?
    edited September 2019
    A Tory has defected to the LibDems leaving Boris Boris Piccaninny Watermelon Letterbox Cake Bumboys Vampires Haircut Wall-Spaffer Spunk-Burster Fuck-Business Fuck-The-Families Get-Off-My-Fucking-Laptop Turds Johnson without a majority.

edited September 2019
    Gotta love the internets. Where would we be without them?

More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    69779475_466040484241222_4039942016388300800_n.jpg
    483 x 708 - 143K
    "An island ruled by British schoolboys who turn on each other, run short of food, kill the vulnerable and have to be rescued."
  • Is that the plot of Lord of the Flies or the Wikipedia entry for the UK?