Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We are all #TeamMoetown here.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
That's right!

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Waving my pennant proudly.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    I'm going to join the NoFap mouvement. Who's with me?
    Wow.. just like permanently? I couldn't even handle nofap november.
  • Fapping makes middle age life livable.
    Aren't you concerned about loss of essence? I mean, now, I don't avoid women but I do deny them my essence!
  • Precious bodily fluids!
    That's right! Gotta keep'em pure!
  • I've been watching that Netflix documentary series The Family and it turns out the patriarchy isn't an abstraction, it's this guy named Doug and his friends.
    Have you guys seen the Netflix doc about the Cambridge Analytica scandal? I've just seen it... It depressed the shit out of me.
    We finished Fosse Verdon last night. I stand by my previous statement that it is fantastic.

In many ways he was a toxic piece of shit, but boy oh boy did I cry last night when he **spoilers** died.
    The Family trailer looks good. Is it part doc part dramatization?
    And so does The Big Hack. I feel like y'all are making recommendations solely to make me more paranoid.
    Both of these feel like big budget conspiracy Youtube videos. Except based on actual fucked up things happening in the world.
    edited September 2019
    I didn't learn anything new about the Cambridge Analytica scandal, I've been reading about it in the news since it happened. But it put faces to names and it transformed what I knew into a coherent whole.
    edited September 2019
    Hey-ho, president Shit-fer-brains has fired Yosemite Sam!

Well, Bolton says he offered to resign last night but Il Douche told him "lets talk about it in the morning" and then he fired him... Guffaw!

And we're all a little bit safer now.

(until the replacement shows up)
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    edited September 2019
    The Family has a fair number of dramatic recreations, yeah, mostly of Jeff Sharlet's time living in their compound.
  • I'm continuing to listen to Purple Mountains a lot. I really don't know how anyone who cared about him heard that record and didn't check him in somewhere.
    I feel exactly the same way.
    edited September 2019
    And we're all a little bit safer now.

(until the replacement shows up)
    Yeah, I never really know what is good news these days... But I figure John Bolton being kicked out of power can't be bad.

Who's gonna replace him? Kanye West?
  • Now Simon is learning the cello, too.
    FB_IMG_1568162034616.jpg
    1511 x 2015 - 360K
    As part of a school program?
  • Yep. He's in the fifth and sixth grade orchestra.
    YAY! that is awesome.
    As a parent you have a super immunity to poor playing early on. You will be completely happy with just being able to recognize what is roughly/probably Hot Cross Buns.

It's only after his orchestra gets older and better that you'll cringe as younger ensembles strangle their instruments.
    edited September 2019
    My daughter has no interest in playing an instrument. She loves music, but playing an instrument... Nah. I think she feels the need to be different from her parents.

However, she loves to draw. She has had a few drawing classes, but she tends not to stick with them. She does them, and then she takes a break and then, a few months later, she asks if she can enroll again. She's young so I don't pressure her. I mean, it's supposed to be fun, right?
    Kids born on 9/11 are eligible to vote today.

Fuckity, fuck, fuck! Where did the time go? Hey, who was on the old pre-crappity board back then? I know I was one of the original posters. Matt too. And Tripp.

We started losing people when the books of face got online.
    edited September 2019
    Oh, by the way, my students are back in class, their solidarity strike is over. Finally.

The bigger strike is still on, which means my department doesn't have any personnel, no secretary, no technicians, no nothing.

I hope this will be over soon.
    If I remember correctly, crappity helped get word back to my wife that I was alive and attempting to get home.
    edited September 2019
    Was crappity running back then? Or were we still using the old Grifters board? I don't remember.