Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We are all #TeamMoetown here.

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    My memory is absolute shit. Not sure.
  • Another mass stabbing today. I hate these because gun nuts try to leverage these to argue against gun control. ("See; Even without a gun, people still do mass killings!") Imagine seeing five people killed at once and thinking the guy may as well have had more effective weapons.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    edited September 2019
    Bah, gun nuts. El vomito!

Any argument, no matter how stupid, is fodder for that kind of zealotry. If they think they can use it to score some kind of lame-o rhetorical point, they will.

When I was younger, I had this naive notion that if only you could talk to crackpots and wingnuts, really talk to them, they would see your side and maybe change their minds.

A couple of decades on the internets have disabused me of that notion. Now, when I'm confronted with that kind of imbecility, I either tell them to fuck themselves or I troll them.

No, I won't waste time debating that more guns will make America safer, or that 9/11 was an inside job, or that global warming is a hoax, or that whites will be replaced by kikes, beaners, towelheads, etc., or that evolution through natural selection is wrong, or that abortion is murder or that Il Douche is the greatest thing ever since forever, or whatever.

I mean, I accept that I live in a pluralistic society, and that people won't always agree. But I have trouble respecting shit that is so obviously WRONG.
    edited September 2019
    Shit, Daniel Johnston died! Heart attack, apparently.
    Talking about bullshit: its official, the Canadian federal election campaign is now underway.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,278
    edited September 2019
    Maybe one reason I've been so depressed is because I've been listening to that Purple Mountains album - a lot. It certainly can't be helping. I think it's one of the best albums released this year.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,278
    And now for something completely different.

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,494
    edited September 2019
    I love that record, but it was affecting me too much. I mix it in with other stuff now. Too much on its own
    That fight scene is hilarious!
  • I like that movie. The same director made a horror movie that was good. Can't remember the name offhand. And his segment in VHS 2 is the best one.
  • Here it is:
    May the Devil Take You
  • S____ didn't know what 9/11 was. I told him, as plainly as I could. He didn't want to stay on it long, which was merciful.
    edited September 2019
    DIY show: The family has a budget of $600,000 for their pool.
    Me: When the revolution comes, we're going to eat these people.
    S____ (nodding): WORD.
    First against the wall.
  • I generally fucking DESPISE the entire folks-covering-songs-solo on genre YouTube, but this one is awesome. (Since we're talking David Berman.)

DIY show: The family has a budget of $600,000 for their pool.
    Me: When the revolution comes, we're going to eat these people.
    S____ (nodding): WORD.
    And wash off the blood in their infinity pool.
  • Criminy, is it really not five o'clock yet?
    Let's play a game to pass the time.

I ask you what you're doing this weekend.

Then you tell me.
    For once, I've got something interesting to do this weekend, something I can brag about and hopefully make you feel jealous and shit! I mean, that's what the internets are for, am I right?

We've got tickets to see the Julian Lage Trio play next Sunday!
    edited September 2019
    Can you imagine a debate between Trump and Biden? Absolutely no one will have any idea what those two senile old geezers are saying.
  • Trump would wipe the floor with Biden.

If neither candidate has the polish, vision, and brains to articulate a real plan, the asshole who takes the most and best potshots wins.
  • This weekend? Nothing great. Weekend after is the fun one. Tilda's party.
    Can you imagine a debate between Trump and Biden? Absolutely no one will have any idea what those two senile old geezers are saying.
    This is the nightmare that keeps me awake at night. Because...
    If neither candidate has the polish, vision, and brains to articulate a real plan, the asshole who takes the most and best potshots wins.
    I just saw Greta Motherfucking Thunberg. She was mere feet away. I'm still vibrating.
    edited September 2019
    Greta is awesome.
  • When can we stop fucking around and make Warren the nominee?
    My number one is still Bernie, but Warren is a close #2. But I really need it to be one of those two. Laws please.
  • In ranked choice polls, Warren wins handily.

https://www.vox.com/2019/9/12/20860985/poll-democratic-primary-ranked-choice-warren-biden

I am coming back around some on Bernie, because he really is a true believer. But I think Warren has much of that combined with aplomb and charisma, and it is a popularity contest after all.
  • Bernie has a tendency to turn into live action Statler & Waldorf. I know this is a crap criticism, but I do think it would hurt him in a general election.
    Some people are complaining that Castro was "mean" to Biden.. Well, I hope the Dems are prepared for a massive onslaught of absolutely brutal bullshit. Trump and his minions are going to dump on them all sorts of shameless propaganda manipulation and outright disinformation. It's going to get very ugly.