Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We are all #TeamMoetown here.

124»

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    The new Ken Burns doc on PBS about country music is pretty great.
    S_____ has been working her ass off for a year making sure everybody knew about it. We got some decent t-shirts and assorted swag.

We're recording it but haven't started watching, so no spoilers please.
  • So now Trump is waging war on the homeless.

Jeezo beezo, man.
    Greta is testifying to congress now.
    She simply submitted the IPCC 1.5 report as her testimony and told congress to fucking read it.

(my emphasis)
    Ok. Have to take a break from that. It's painful to watch these kids facing just evil hypocrisy.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    edited September 2019
    I really "enjoyed" his Vietnam doc. Of all the Ken Burns docs I've seen, and I think I've seen them all, that's the one I liked the most. Well, that one and the one on baseball. So yeah, I'm certainly going to give that Country music doc a try.
    Ok. Have to take a break from that. It's painful to watch these kids facing just evil hypocrisy.
    Word.
    edited September 2019
    We're (the whole family) going marching on September 27. We were at the March 15 protest: I've been to a bunch of these climate shindigs through the years, and the March 15 protest was the largest environmental march I have ever been to. It seems that the one on the 27 will be even larger! It gives me the impression that people are starting to come out of their torpor.
    She simply submitted the IPCC 1.5 report as her testimony and told congress to fucking read it.
    I love her bluntness!
    We are doing the climate strike on Friday. Haven't decided whether to do the one in DC or Baltimore.

Can I say I'm striking if I politely requested a vacation day in advance?
  • We went to a mixer at S____'s school today. A ten year-old classmate of his had on a Jawbreaker shirt.

Me: That is your best friend.
    S: Zoey? Yeah, she's cool. I don't know if she's my best friend but--
    Me: YOUR BEST FRIEND.
    Ha. I suspect the actual connection would be between you and the girl's parent.
    Finished Barry last night. Fucking great season.