Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brain worms

Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,504
Tasty!

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,631
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,504
    If Bernie would just take the hint from his eighty year old body and drop out because of his new medical issues, throwing his support behind Warren, we'd be halfway to wrapping up this primary.
    Don't you give up on him yet!!
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,014
    Here's a fascinating article in the New Yorker that tells what happened when a bunch of young-Earth creationists dug up dinosaurs and pretended to be paleontologists.

Mark Meadows and the Undisclosed Dinosaur Property
    A fight among fossil hunters, a dubious documentary, and the conservative congressman from North Carolina.
    IMG_20191002_143731.jpg
    952 x 960 - 86K
    That is some tasty stuff.
    Jesus, he just publicly asked China to find dirt on the Bidens.
    He's trying to make it not a crime by committing it in the open.
    It's like if Nixon had said, "You bet I wanted them to rob that DNC office. I hope we get into the LA one too."
    edited October 2019
    But see, to Needy Amin, the interests of the country and his own interests are identical, and since they're the same, he can openly (and legally!) pursue his own interests in all aspects of the job. He can do no wrong!
    edited October 2019
    And of course, there's also all those very convenient conspiracy theories sloshing about in between his ears, either produced by his limited imagination or being fed to him, with the aid of Fox News and twitter, by the lickspittles that kiss his ass on a daily basis.
    I routinely wonder if he's replaced all the smart people in the WH with sycophants or if he just refuses to listen.

Someone, at some briefing had to have said "Mr. President, if you remember one thing today it's to NOT SOLICIT FOREIGN POWERS TO INTERFERE IN THE ELECTION NEAR A MICROPHONE"
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,284
    edited October 2019
    It seems like there's this coincidental thing going on where I start listening to a band or someone and then they die. It happened with Silver Jews/Purple Mountains. I was listening to a bunch of that stuff, and then dude offs himself. The same thing just happened with Kim Shattuck. She didn't off herself, of course, but I'd been digging on the Muffs for the last couple of months, and then she dies. Any performer you can't stand? I'll start listening to them just to see if I have a weird super power.
    edited October 2019
    Could you please make the effort of listening to some Ted Nugent?
    What is everybody doing this weekend?
    We're going camping with three other couples on the Eastern shore of Delaware.

It's an annual tradition but this is the first year without any kids.

So there'll be open shrimp smoking and probably wife swapping? Not sure how this adults-only stuff works.
    We've got a scouting event this weekend, which... ehhhh. We've lost patience with the guy running the pack but with only four months left until Simon is done no reason to switch now.
    Seems reasonable.
    Dumb shit that made me laugh:
    71305230_10156781049942549_8774070341174558720_n.jpg
    720 x 785 - 66K
    edited October 2019
    Argh, blind partisanship is such a horrible thing! And also too, both sides engage in it to such ridiculous levels! I mean, one side, based on the Bible and eyeballing, thinks the earth is flat, while the other, relying on the views of so-called scientists, or the experience of international cosmopolitan air travelers, regards it as spherical, or nearly so!

Now, we all know that, in the past, when it was always summer and before the rise of partisanship, we would all have agreed on some kind of compromise, such as flat on Sundays, spherical on weekdays, and undetermined on Saturdays. Moreover, there was a mix of views, with plenty of flat-earthers and sphericalists in both parties. Those were the good old days.

Of course, now, in the age of extremism, there's no way to resolve these types of questions... But I am certain that dialogue and civility will enable us to agree to disagree, which would be a big improvement, at least until we decide whether we should risk sailing across the ocean or not.
    That was the wrong first video viewing of the day for me.
    Bernie has to face the fact that he needs to bow out of the race. He’s 78 yrs old and just had a heart attack. There would be no shame in dropping out.
    edited October 2019
    My guess is that Bernie isn't going to drop out yet but that the slide he was already on before his heart attack will accelerate now. Warren will siphon off a bunch of his support, and as she gains the momentum to start beating Biden, pressure on Bernie to drop out will increase.
    Thanks for the reminder about Night at the Garden. I've been meaning to watch this (at a point when I feel spiritually healthy).
    Journalist says a CBP officer withheld his passport until he agreed he writes ‘propaganda’
    A growing list of journalists say they have been startled by government officials’ harassment in a country that prizes freedom of the press. The encounters are raising fears that hostile rhetoric led by President Trump and his allies are damaging reporters’ ability to do their job unhindered.
    I don't think Bernie needs to drop out. If he feels like his health is going to be an issue during the presidency, he's the type that will take himself out of the race. We don't need to pressure or impose that on him before we have even had one primary.

I love Warren to pieces and donate to her, but imho Bernie would still make the best president. Which admittedly is not the same as being the best candidate. Figuring that out is what the next six months are about.
    edited October 2019
    My guess is that Bernie isn't going to drop out yet but that the slide he was already on before his heart attack will accelerate now. Warren will siphon off a bunch of his support, and as she gains the momentum to start beating Biden, pressure on Bernie to drop out will increase.
    I expect Trump will soon be bullying Lesotho into investigating Elizabeth Warren.
    I expect Trump will soon be bullying Lesotho into investigating Elizabeth Warren.
    Likely, but ONLY because he is so concerned about corruption.