Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brain worms

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,490
    I would like to see a rapper do a cover/reworking of Gil Scott Heron's "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" as "The Revolution Will Be Streamed Live."

Random thought, but still.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    Nah, the revolution will not be streamed live. Mass killings by far-right weaponized losers, on the other hand, will be streamed live.
    edited October 2019
    What a horrific commentary about our times that Ellen should even have to explain herself for hanging with President Bush! I mean, he's such a charming decent man, not at all responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands, maybe millions!

How dare the twitter rabble suggest that playing nice with the man that is allegedly responsible for so much death might in any way be a bad thing?
    38372a8bc3c106b17f63eddce8dfbf4eaffca196c03713d44555dba5beeae686.jpg
    519 x 292 - 16K
    edited October 2019
    If there's one thing I have learned, it's that rich people must never suffer the consequences of their actions.
    edited October 2019
    There are two different theories (not necessarily compatible ones) I am coming around on. The one is that Trump almost certainly is a heavy abuser of drugs and that is the source of his increasingly erratic nature.

That famous taco bowl pic? There's an open drawer in the shot FULL of UK Sudafed, which is mostly pseudoephedrine and is often abused, with known side effects of paranoia, aggression, dilated pupils, and sniffling.

The other theory I like lately is that the reason Trump's policies have gotten even more nakedly in line with Putin's wishes is that Putin sees Trump as an asset who is outliving his usefulness and likely to be removed from office or lose re-election. He's getting what he can out of him before he burns out.
    I think my brainworms theory is better.
    Ultimately, why he is an incompetent evil dumbass isn't all that important. Stoping him, that's what matters.
    edited October 2019
    Oooo, Rick Perry got subpoenaed by the House! This is going to be interesting.
    RIP Alexei Leonov, first human to conduct a spacewalk.
    Stupid shit that made me laugh:
    71739611_10158135541700400_521870038639050752_n.jpg
    493 x 692 - 66K
    edited October 2019
    Both the former US ambassador to Ukraine and the US ambassador to the EU are going to testify before the House, defying president Mushmelon's orders. Plus, a federal appeals court has upheld House Democrats’ subpoena to obtain eight years of Trump’s financial records from his accounting firm.
    Was it the cute squirrel in uniform that killed crappity? Or was it the news regarding the ambassadors?
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,277
    I went to my niece’s Brat Mitzvah. She did a great job. I inconspicuously split the scene after. Couldn’t stomach the thought of shaking hands and making small talk with a bunch of strangers, or seeing people I used to know when I was a teenage Jew.
    edited October 2019
    Happy thanksgiving! I hope you don't have to deal with MAGA kin.
    edited October 2019
    It's funny how that works: we have to be the tolerant ones, of course. But why can't the racist uncle stop being a racist for a few hours?
    edited October 2019
    Oooops, I just remembered that you weirdos celebrate the giving of thanks in November.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    I hope you had a splendid Thanksgiving with plenty of turkey poutine and maple candy.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/13/opposition-parties-candidate-wins-budapest-mayoral-race

There are a lot of terrific things about this story. One of the first countries to go neo-fascist/white supremacist is about about to flip back the other way.

But the thing I want you to know about this today is that the new mayor of Budapest's name, Gergely Karácsony literally translates to "Greg Christmas."
    I'm glad I know both of these things.
    Just got two crowns and a filling, and BOY IS MY JAW ACHING.
    Ouch! Are you at work? Please don't tell me you're working!
    I am. Capitalism depends on each of us doing our part!!!
    That sucks. And blows. That defies the laws of physics by both sucking and blowing.
    So while I was still numbed up I noticed there was some gunk on my teeth that I presumed was leftover putty (they use to get an impression). So I spent a good amount of time grinding my teeth back and for to try to get it loose. It was pretty stubborn.

As the drugs wore off, I discovered that I'd been CHEWING A FUCKING HOLE IN THE INSIDE OF MY CHEEK FOR AN HOUR OR SO.

Talk about "oh no."

OH SHIT
    edited October 2019
    This is your brain on drugs, eh? How much damage did you do?
    Oh no, Eric's not responding! I think he bled to death! Eric! ERIC!
    Maybe he chewed all the way to China!
    I’m a bit of a cynic when I read an article that emphasizes someone will be testifying “under oath” As if “under oath” is some sort of truth serum.