Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waffle was more difficult than I anticipated.

124»

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    What ch'all doing this weekend?
    S____ has one of her besties visitng from NY. Unfortunately she is currently on an extremely strict diet and not drinking.

Drinking and taking people to our favorite restaurants is kinda our go-to for guests, so we are scrambling for what else to do.

At this point, seriously considering a puppet slam for tomorrow night's entertainment.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Imagine watching Delaney, Schultz, Steyer etc. embarrassing themselves to dead silence and thinking to yourself, "America is waiting on a centrist white dude."
    Board games then?
    We're seeing Parasite today, then doing a mess of cooking for the week. We're making an effort to cook in bulk on Saturday for the week.

We also have one of T____'s friends and her kid coming to visit for an overnighter.

It's a similar situation in a way. The friend's little girl has dealt with their recent move by overeating, so we can't lay down the treats and sweets we usually feed people with. And the friend has to drive back to Wisconsin tomorrow night, so no brunchy booze.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    edited November 2019
    OK Boomer - I hope angry millennials don’t start getting more demonstrative with their disgust and impatience for us aging boomers.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    edited November 2019
    OH MY GOD! Ev, you're a fucking boomer? I didn't know!

As a proud representative of Generation X, I will henceforth declare war on you and everything you represent, classic rock included.

DEATH TO BOOMERS! :-q
    Wow, Parasite was amazing.
    Told ya so. What did you like?
    edited November 2019
    Tomorrow, a couple of school friends of little S. are going to come by, have lunch and play. I have to prepare a big batch of lasagna and wifey will bake a cake. There will be video games and karaoke.
    I liked the entire thematic underpinnings, the assault on capitalism and class. But I also liked a lot of the smaller moments... Mr. Park's obnoxious monologue about how poor people smell, Mrs. Park's paranoia about working people and drugs... when she was clearly roused from a stupor at Ki-taek's interview...
    Tomorrow, a couple of school friends of little S. are going to come by, have lunch and play. I have to prepare a big batch of lasagna and wifey will bake a cake. There will be video games and karaoke.
    You win.
    The food/booze restrictions prompted us to find some fun stuff.

Light City - The inner harbour gets done up in giant interactive light/sound sculptures.

Puppet Slam - There's a local puppet theater I've always been curious about. 10 short puppet shows by a bunch of sweet weirdos with handmade props and such. Loved it.

A traveling exhibition of turn-of-the-century Glasgow artists. Essentially two couples launched this whole pre-art deco style of illustration, architecture and interior design. Absolutely beautiful stuff.

That sounds good.
    In hour 15 of Ken Burns' Country doc. It's been a very enjoyable ride. Just coming up on artists that I actively don't like, but I think I've got enough momentum to push through to the conclusion.