Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turn-of-the-century Glasgow artists

2»

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,494
    HOME! HOME! HOME! HOME! HOME!
    Super weird when Facebook suggests someone with mutual friends and it's like Syd Straw or William Eggelston or someone from GbV.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,278
    edited November 2019
    Which video game is that? I love video games, but I swore them off several years ago because I had trouble tearing myself away once I started. That kind of escapism is like a highly addictive drug for me. Still, I like to hear about other people's gaming activities.

My favorite kind was the FPS. I just love virtually killing creatures. I remember playing Assassin's Creed for hours - more of a FP sword and daggers. I prefer virtually killing with swords and knives as opposed to guns. Hand-to-hand combat with weapons rools in not-real life.
    edited November 2019
    A good weekend for me is finishing my lesson plans by Saturday morning. Then it's sitting around smoking, some guitar "practice", reading news stories and whatever book I'm into, maybe lunch, then a big-ass nap. After that, I go hang out at my mom's, make her dinner. Eat her shrimp. Maybe take a few of them with me to get through the week.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    I'm still playing Zelda Breath of the Wild. I could have finished it months ago, but just trekking around Hyrule is so much fun that I can't bring myself to just go face Ganondorf and end things.
    edited November 2019
    I Just play about a couple of hours per week, usually on Saturday afternoon. I love FPS games too, but I tend to enjoy exploration games more. My all time favorite FPS is probably an old game called Resident Evil IV. I also spent way too much time playing Half Life. I tend to despise military FPS games like Call of Duty and all that shit. I play to escape humanity and reality for a couple of hours, therefore I stay the hell away from MMOGs.
    I don’t like them because I was always getting killed too fast. I like some of the exploration games, but it’s been so long I can’t recall which I’ve played.
    edited November 2019
    If you approach Doctor Sleep as a horror sequel directed by Mike Flanagan, it is an enjoyable movie. Go in expecting another good story about Danny Torrance and you will be calibrated about right. Go in planning to hold it up against Kubrick's work and... well, why would you do that?
    edited November 2019
    I don’t like them because I was always getting killed too fast.
    I know what you mean, I have the impression that MMOGs are populated with incel loser types who only joy is gunning down any noob that strays into their line of sight. And since they never leave their parents basement, they've become very good at it.
    Yep.
    TMW2019-11-20color.png
    915 x 856 - 177K