Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'd seriously think about going into camel farming.

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Ugh. Some guy in an Audi rear ended me. What a way to start the day. He did all the usual moves, trying to say it wasn't enough to involve insurance (bumper cracked through), suggesting it was my fault, asking if I was in a cell phone. Dude, you rear ended me. This is all you.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Ah fuck. Sorry brother. May the paperwork be swift.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Ugh. Some guy in an Audi rear ended me. What a way to start the day. He did all the usual moves, trying to say it wasn't enough to involve insurance (bumper cracked through), suggesting it was my fault, asking if I was in a cell phone.
    Must be a republican.
    edited December 2019
    Oy for fucks sake! "Liberal media" my ass! Look, the Trump letter isn't written in "scathing terms"! It isn't “fiery”! It’s not “sharply worded”! It isn't "blistering"!

The correct words are "batshit insane".
    edited December 2019
    My top three favorite records of 2019, in no particular order:

Julia Jacklin - Crushing (she's an Aussie singer/songwriter, it's a rather somber record: narrative songs about heartbreak and abuse. Jeff, you may like this)

Wand - Laughing Matter (not as good as 1000 Days, but much better then Plum)

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Infest the rats' nest (a trash metal concept album about about the death of Earth and the colonization of nearby planets by those who can afford it! At least as good, if not better than Nonagon Infinity and my favorite King Gizzard record so far).

I also enjoyed Alessandro Cortini's Volume Massimo . I didn't like it as much as some of his older material (his three Forse records are my favorites), but I thought it was quite good.

Favorite record by a Canadian band: Junior, by Corridor. To me, they sound like a cross between early Stereolab and the band Women. Melodic hooky songs in French with spiky guitars over a metronomic drum beat.
    At our department Christmas party and my boss's boss just asked, "Merry Christmas... if we're even allowed to say that anymore" which pretty much makes clear he's a wingnut.
    I've observed that wingnuts love internet memes. You should send this one to your boss.
    S5qcCyC.jpg
    1313 x 2029 - 226K
    At our department Christmas party and my boss's boss just asked, "Merry Christmas... if we're even allowed to say that anymore" which pretty much makes clear he's a wingnut.
    It ain't easy being a christian, my friend.
    This was my voting card for the Village Voice Pazz and Jop ripoff survey. (they have a weighted scoring system)

20 Meadow in Progress - "Stream of Consciousness"

10 - John Coltrane - "Blue World"

15 - Caroline Shaw - "Orange"

5- Big Thief - "Two Hands"

5 - Purple Mountains - "Purple Mountains"

5 - Sebadoh - "Act Surprised"

Breathe in the nepotism, gang!
    Breathe in the nepotism, gang!
    If the POTUS can do it, so can you.
    edited December 2019
    I can't watch the impeachment debate at the moment but I assume that republicans are making some very powerful, intellectually compelling, good-faith arguments, am I right? 8-}
    Badum tish!
    b41c379641a270442a80af28bb836c0cb3cc1f54bc940ed0843f4556984ef98b.jpg
    960 x 663 - 51K
    A trading partner?! Haven't you always been at war with Wakanda?
    No, you're thinking of Oceania.
    I'm not an MMA person. At all. But I did greatly enjoying hearing that this weekend in a title fight between Nigerian-American fighter Kamaru Usman and unapologetic racist Colby Covington, who dresses in MAGA wear and is fond of calling immigrants animals... Usman broke that fucking cracker's jaw.

Even better, in the post game presser, Usman noted that as an immigrant who made good, he's the real American.

No, you're thinking of Oceania.
    Thoughtcrime!
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Camels have beautiful eyes. Yet another reason to look into camel farming.
    absolutely expected that sentence to end with the word "fucking".
    First hour of last night's debate was good good stuff. PBS is allowed to host more of these. Climate crisis clocked some reasonable time and everyone was saying things that I liked.

It got contentious after that but hopefully most people had dialed out by then.
    Of my two faves, I think Bernie came off a little more likable than Warren. He was in goof mode and she was trying a bit too hard to bend everyone question back toward one of her well worn talking points.

That was a first I think. Warren has been pretty consistently better at these than Bernie. I think maybe as she keeps polling well, she's getting attacked more and feels the need to circle the wagons a bit and stick with safe territory.
    WHATS EVERYBODY DOING FOR PRECHRISTMAS WEEKEND?!?!?!
    My mom is flying up tomorrow!
    Heyyy!!!! Is that a good thing? Do you like her?
    Finally got control of the Home Spotify page.
    It's good. She's never come for Christmas before.
    edited December 2019
    I'm looking to get control of my copy of the new Home record. image \m/
    edited December 2019
    That new A24 movie Antebellum looks AMAZING.

That looks spoooookers.