Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And thank you for the sexy girl!

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
Good moaning!

More dumb shit that made me laugh:

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    edited January 2020
    I remember that back when Dumbya was POTUS, it took at least a couple of weeks for everyone to pretend to be an Iraq expert. In Twitter time, that's like 2 hours: that man who I could not name 2 days ago now is worse than a thousand Hitlers. 8-|
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    101 Dalmatian Hitlers
    Worse than one thousand Cruella De Vils!
    Yep.
    TMW2020-01-08color.png
    915 x 858 - 200K
    edited January 2020
    And now Almost Halloween Time records is going to do 100 handpainted vinyl records. yip!
    Now you're talking my language! I'm calling dibs on one of those. And by dibs I mean I'm buying one. Keep us informed!
    Dan if you don't like any of the streamers, it's on Bandcamp too.

https://hometheband.bandcamp.com/releases
    I do Bandcamp. I'll check that out.
    I started another guitar fingerpicking video. The instructor is a guy named David Hamburger. He teaches to use your ring finger for the E string. All the other vids I've been watching have instructors just using index and middle finger for the high strings, but using the ring finger makes a lot of sense. The problem is that it's kinda like starting over again. I'm making a little progress with it, but it's a bitch. It takes a long time to learn to play an instrument. Maybe it's taking me longer than most people.
    edited January 2020
    I did one of Dave Burger's fingerstyle blues videos! You on TrueFire.com too, Ev?

I don't like to play full naked fingers figerstyle guitar. I play a hybrid style. I keep a plectrum and use it to play the E, A and D strings. That means the thumb and index are taken. I then pick the remaining strings with the middle and ring fingers. The pick sounds louder than the fingers, so I palm mute the bass strings to make things sound even. Sure, it makes things a bit harder, but this way I can have the best of both worlds. Besides, I do a lot of Travis picking (you know, alternating bass notes), and it sounds better this way.

By the way, I started playing guitar when I was 15. But I've only taken it seriously in the last decade or so. I think I suck balls, but I love playing, so I don't care if I'm bad. I would say that I'm an intermediate level player.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Oooh. That sounds hard. Far too late for me to try to consciously control my ring finger.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    I am loving Home 18.
    Yeah, I’m loving it, too. It’s so nice when someone you know creates something and you sincerely enjoy it.
    I’m not on TrueFire. I downloaded a discount vid from homespun.com. I like Hamburger’s teaching style. My dream is to be able to play Mississippi John Hurt songs. The way he plays is like wrapping oneself in a really warm blanket of niceness.
    Thank you brothers. It really means a lot to me.
    edited January 2020
    Thank you brothers. It really means a lot to me.
    Don't forget that I want one of the handpainted LPs! It is everything a demented snobby fetishist like myself wants: good music in a rare format made available in an obsolete medium! Excelsior!
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    76765595_2124456897655450_3702425872607739904_n.jpg
    544 x 633 - 36K
    The nip is no joke in our house. Our folks be getting crunk.
    What's everybody doing this weekend?
    edited January 2020
    Wifey works tomorrow so it's going to be the regular routine of guitar practice in the morning, followed by bakers and public library in the afternoon and then a couple of hours of video gaming.

Yeah, it's going to be a tough day.

Sunday: dunno yet.

You?
    We realized we've been on autopilot lately, too many movies and too much TV and not much else. Not sure the exact plan yet but we're going to mix it up.
    Neil Peart died! Damn!
    Mortality sucks.
    Angaleena Presley is the coolest.

Why weren't we rocking this jam last month?

edited January 2020
    That's a pretty cool song, Jeff! And I say it from the perspective of someone who hates most modern country music. Is the rest of the record as good as that? If you say it is, I'll check it out.
    edited January 2020
    Why weren't we rocking this jam last month?
    Cute! Yeah, that's so last month. But, at our age, time flies, so next xmas will be coming soon.
    Oh yeah. Angaleena Presley is fantastic.

This one is not on an album, but it's great: