Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If this doesn't sound good to you... well okay. We are very different people.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
Good moaning ladies!

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Yep.
    83346019_10219926340542896_260996740147052544_n.jpg
    480 x 358 - 40K
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    This really is the end of American democracy. When he is ultimately acquitted Trump and the Republicans are going to lie, cheat and steal at a scale I never dreamed I'd see.

What are we going to do about it? Impeach him again?!
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,472
    Then we elect Bernie.

I was for Warren but have come back around on Bernie. His criminal justice reform plan is amazing. But more than that, his absolute unshakable steadiness seems like what we need.

Bernie gives ZERO FUCKS.
    Nice. Yeah. I started as an "either one is great" guy but Warren started to negotiate against herself on Medicare and the GND. That is my least favorite Democratic trait. Come in with precisely what you want and force them to whittle you down to something reasonable. Come in reasonable and they will whittle you down to their dream bill.

Anyway, she is still great and I still want her in a position of power, but I've definitely tipped at this point. S_____ has too, which makes home life more peaceful.
    We have quarterly luncheons at my firm. Often times they will have an attorney come in and give a presentation on an interest trial.

Felt especially proud today to find out one of our local attorneys did THIS on a pro bono basis.
    Hey now that IS cool.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Looks like he did a really good job!
    The new Pearl Jam song is... Talking Heads-ish?

Not their normal thing AT ALL.

It's getting some good press but I can't wrap my head around it.
    Are they having their delayed Zooropa moment?
    I went to a live storytelling event last night called the "Stoop Storytellers". Its an ongoing Baltimore thing where they pick a theme and collect people (usually writers) to tell stories around the theme.

Last nights theme was the Trials and tribulations of being in the indie rock world. There were some great speakers. Mostly just stories of getting shit on by clubs and labels. My friend (that I had come to see) talked about being a woman sound engineer and all the sexist bullshit she endured for decades (and why she didn't quit).

At one point they asked for any volunteers to come up. So, being several bourbons into the evening I jumped up and told my story of accidentally taking a megadose of LSD after opening for the Lips in Amsterdam. I was probably not in my tightest story telling mode, but I got some big laughs. Got a little taste of that stand up comedian high.
    I haven't really been into Pearl Jam since acne was still an issue for me and I'm not sure that song changes anything. But it wasn't predictable, I'll give em that.
    That sounds like good fun, cap.
    What's your weekend, peeps?

We've got to buy a used car.
    I'm not sure if I've actually heard the megadose story.
    Got the boy, so planning on taking him to see the new Lovecraft movie and drafting him to help me demo a new song. I think that's all we got so far.
    Is that from the people who made Mandy?

Mandy was bananas. Like spending two hours in a King Crimson album.
    It was during our mini-tour with them. We were in Amsterdam at the Paradiso. We finished out set and went backstage. There was a friend of our tour manager that could procure any drug you wished for. He had a small vial of liquid LSD. It wasn't for me (I have to be in a total safe zone to enjoy LSD) I was just standing nearby. Someone jostled him and he spilled it on an amp. I instinctively wiped it off the amp (because amps must be protected at all costs) without thinking.

Then I saw the look on his face. At first I thought it was anger that I had wiped away something that probably costs a decent amount of money.

.. but then I realized it was deep horrified concern on his face and I flashed back to those old stories about Hendrix and Janis dosing their headbands and whatnot BECAUSE YOU CAN ABSORB IT THROUGH YOUR SKIN.

After fretting for a few minutes, I got myself together and went out and saw the most intense Flaming Lips show of my life. It was the Soft Bulletin tour, so they had that giant circular screen with endless trippy footage.

I started coming a bit unhinged by the end so I snuck back to our hotel and just laid awake with auditory hallucinations until morning.
    edited January 2020
    ILT LSD S!

I haven't written that in a while.
    Trump could shoot someone in the Senate chambers and it would still be 57 to 43. Unless it was a Republican.Then it would be 56 to 43.
    Nice! The two times in my life I ever dropped acid were from the same batch. When cops found some of it later, it turned out to have been 160 mic laced with PCP and speed. I had taken two each time.

It was pretty awesome though.
    I've never dropped acid. I've always been a fucking boy scout. I could have been in Minor Threat.
    I've always suspected that you were.
    edited January 2020
    A boy scout? Or a member of Minor Threat?
    edited January 2020
    Music is my drug of choice, man!

Nah, I was just too lonely, nerdy and introverted to do any of the drugs the cool kids were doing. And now I'm too old for that shit.
    edited January 2020
    If I'm ever super old I'm going start using hard drugs again.
    I love tripping and I have no idea how many times I’ve done it. It’s been a while, but if my mind every gets to a less morose space, I can see myself doing it again.
    edited January 2020
    I was reading about some sort of psilocybin nose spray. I love the effects of shrooms, but I’ve always detested the ingesting part. They automatically activate my gag reflex. I have to chop them up and put them on a peanut butter sandwich.
    Someone gave me a pair of headphone eyeshades. I listened to a little of Elton John’s 1979 live in Moscow. No band, just Elton. I guess it was because I had eaten a lot of shrimp, but I was especially blown away by how great that guy was.
    I’ve been on a huge Shaw Brothers kick for the last few months since they’re mostly free for Amaz Prime members. I’ve been keeping a list of titles and I’ve seen 26 kung fu movies since around Thanksgiving. I usually practice guitar while I’m watching them. Makes for a good 90 minutes of fingerpicking practice with little breaks thrown in to watch some some kung fu ass-kicking.
    edited January 2020
    That's the best way to practice that kind of mindless stuff.