Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If this doesn't sound good to you... well okay. We are very different people.

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    84554724_2641555122771123_7490272030483283968_n.jpg
    485 x 382 - 20K
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,490
    WHOA, I didn't realize Color Out of Space was a Richard Stanley film. He's terrific and had fallen off the face of the earth after the Island of Dr. Moreau debacle.

There's a FANTASTIC documentary about that whole thing called Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's Island of Dr. Moreau. It's free on Prime Video right now and it is a mind blower.

The lunacy of that production... Stanley fleeing the set after firing to live with Aborigines... Returning in a mask to work as an extra on what was his own movie... You likely have no idea how bananas that whole thing was...
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,277
    In other news, apparently Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,490
    He's raping the angels now.
    Or being raped by demons, eh?
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    I was reading about some sort of psilocybin nose spray. I love the effects of shrooms, but I’ve always detested the ingesting part. They automatically activate my gag reflex. I have to chop them up and put them on a peanut butter sandwich.
    There's been a good amount of research into microdoses psilocybin and LSD as depression and PTSD treatment. Not sure if it's reached the general population yet.
    Vengeance is mine, sayeth...John Bolton?
    I'll always remember Kobe Bryant as the greatest NBA player ever accused of rape.
    SHOTS FIRED
    Vengeance is mine, sayeth...John Bolton?
    If your name isn't Bugs Bunny, you shouldn't mess with Yosemite Sam.
    edited January 2020
    I'll always remember Kobe Bryant as the greatest NBA player ever accused of rape.
    Careful there, you might get suspended for saying such things.
    The Post has suspended reporter Felicia Sonmez following her social-media activity over the death of NBA great Kobe Bryant. Here’s the explanation from Managing Editor Tracy Grant: “National political reporter Felicia Sonmez was placed on administrative leave while The Post reviews whether tweets about the death of Kobe Bryant violated The Post newsroom’s social media policy. The tweets displayed poor judgment that undermined the work of her colleagues.”
    What did Sonmez do to deserve this brushback? She tweeted out a very good story from the Daily Beast.
    Moral of the story: never tweet.
    Literally everyone and everything is so terrible that this war-loving walrus trying to sell books is actually good news.

I want my sanity back.
    The Bolton thing fills me with glee! But I doubt he'll testify and I don’t see any realistic scenario in which Trump gets convicted. The Republican Party is now the Trump Party and any evidence Bolton gives will be shrugged off as someone trying to sell books.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    What's up dudes? One of my resolutions this year is to stay better connected with friends. I'm just kidding. I didn't make any resolutions.
    BUT HOW IS EVERYBODY!?
    Tripp! Happy to see you! Why hast thou forsaken us?
    What have you been up to? How the job sitch? And how's the Memphis gang?
    edited January 2020
    Literally everyone and everything is so terrible that this war-loving walrus trying to sell books is actually good news.
    But, you know, Mitt Romney is now "wavering", it seems. 8-|
    yeah, the repubs are pretty much just denying reality. Which is scary.
    Things are pretty good. Still working with Stan at the flower shop. NOT that flower shop although it is just down the street. Stan has been with this shop for 20 YEARS! I like it though. Good physical work. Still freelancing as well but I need to find something that pays better. Can't think of anything though. Been doing some painting.
    You may have heard but we kinda got the Grifters back together. This time sans Dave! WHAA!?!
    edited January 2020
    Woah! Sans Dave?! What happened? Are you a trio now, or did you recruit someone to play Dave's parts?
    Hey Tripp-snake!
    The old Antenna Club here in Mempho got a historical marker so they had a big event where a ton of old Antenna bands reunited and played. For free. They asked Dave about us doing it but he said he would be out of town. Then he contacted Scott and suggested we do it as a trio which we're fine with. I did however go ahead and call in Stivers who I wasn't sure would be into it but he was actually kinda thrilled to do it. So the new Grifters are kind of a ton of fun right now.
    hey Cappy, how do I get ahold of Home 18?
    How's Stan doing? Is his ear problem better? I think you told us he had Ménière's disease...
    hey Cappy, how do I get ahold of Home 18?
    Streaming on all the streamy places now. Vinyl will be in about 4 weeks.
    The Antenna show we only played 8 songs. All stuff that Scott sings. I like to think we surprised the crap out of everyone. Like, people probably had doubts about us without Dave but we quelled all that. It was great because Stivers isn't trying to replicate Dave. He's adding his own thing so actually some stuff sounds even better.
    I want a piece of that vinyl. Do you know were and how much?