Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Facebook can bite my ass.

Comments

• TrippTripp Posts: 676
    I'm hoping that was part of the plan. Not to take out just Rump but the GOP too. Everyone knew he'd be acquitted, the Dems were just giving them enough rope to hang themselves. The scary part is now Orange Assfuck has carte blanch to do ANYTHING. Like we're going to try to impeach him again. This year is going to be rough.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,278
    So many people just don't care and tune it all out. That really gets me down when I get stuck thinking about it.

To myself: Stop thinking, fuckface! Finish your lesson plans and get yourself over to your mom's house...I said 'stop thinking!' What is it about stop thinking that you don't understand?!
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    edited February 2020
    If you tell yourself to stop thinking about it, you'll keep on thinking about it. The trick is finding a way to think about something else.
    edited February 2020
    Apparently, there's some sportsball related thing this weekend, I'm not sure what it is exactly.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,494
    orly.gif
    438 x 400 - 402K
    Blast from the past.
    EP0iksKXUAATMYI.jpeg
    679 x 530 - 36K
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Holy shit, Color Out of Space was scary as fuck. I have not had that kind of movie experience in a long while. S____ got up and left the theater, which she has never done in her life.

E_____ and I stuck it out. When the credits rolled he turned and said "that is the most disturbing thing I've ever seen."

It's amazing but it very successfully filled me with a tangible black dread.
    There was a batch of people next to us that would start giggling every time Nicholas Cage overacted. About a third of the way in, nobody was fucking laughing.
    Now I really want to see it.
    It looks like it will be available for digital rental on 2/25. I'd rather see it in the theater but weirdly, that doesn't seem to be an option right now in Chicagoland.
    Wow. It was a little hard to see in Baltimore too. One arthouse had a single 930pm showing and another had a single 10am showing.

We did the latter and I'm thankful to have had sunshine and all day to shake it off before bedtime.
    Did it stray a lot from the Lovecraft story?
    Not sure, but I'm going to change that soon.
    edited February 2020
    I need to take a few days off from exercise because I'm tired and more than a little burned out. I always feel guilty when I don't exercise - like I've blown off an important responsibility. I keep telling myself it's ok, but I don't believe me.
    In other news: Just a few seconds ago, the song I've been trying to learn to play started sounding like the song I've been trying to learn to play...kinda.
    I've only skipped exercising once lately.

From July 2018 to today.
    edited February 2020
    I think it's perfectly fitting for the 2020 primaries to begin with a clusterfuck.
    edited February 2020
    Anyway, I know it's all soooo exciting and shit, but it seems to me that announcing the results tomorrow instead of today will be perfectly ok. 8-|
    In other news: Just a few seconds ago, the song I've been trying to learn to play started sounding like the song I've been trying to learn to play...kinda.
    Nice!
    I try to not let him choose what I'm going to be enraged about on any particular day. So I'm going to ignore that and be mad about something else.

Details pending.
    edited February 2020
    My company has developed a huge boner for this biz/pop psych book called Grit.

I think they see it as empowering because it makes the case that passionate hard work will yield better results than mere talent alone.

To me, though, it's sort of hard not to take it as my bosses saying "Have you tried working like a fucking dog? That gets good results."

Also, as someone with on-paper intelligence and inconsistent drive and focus, it's hard not to take it personally.
    Yah. HR folks sometimes are pretty tone deaf to what their messaging sounds like to the workers.
    We have a mindfulness program here that I really enjoy. It's genuinely helped me deal with intrusive thoughts and toxic emotional flare ups.

But it's not a leap to think that they offer it up to the employees with the exclusive purpose of maximizing productivity in an ever increasingly stressful environment. Rather than hiring more people to keep everyone's workload naturally manageable.
    Yall are making me glad I don't have a real job.