Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't vote for what you want, vote for what some assholes in Wisconsin want

Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
Good moaning.

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    edited February 2020
    I would like to report that my new used car had begun making an ominous clunking noise, so I replaced my own rear brakes and rotors. And, when the parking brake turned out to be damaged, I fixed that, too.

My fingertips are pretty gnarly and stained, but I'm feeling very adult and capable at the moment.

And no more clunking sound!
    Although, FYI brake cleaner fumes are like huffing without the high. Irritated sinuses, a light head, and vague nausea with no fun mind altering effect.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Congratulations! I'm sure that I, speaking for all crappitteers, can say that we are all proud of you.
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    86603415_2861159377305499_2059133232963649536_n.jpg
    503 x 688 - 53K
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Good for you for being able to manage your own car repair. I’m really impressed that you had the energy to do that.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    What happens if the guy I voted for today dies before voting day? Do I get to vote again?
    UK to close door to non-English speakers and unskilled workers

There's no official competition for Worst Country in the World but tell that to the entire Anglosphere.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Good morning all!

I have had a lovely week in the Florida sun.

I've enjoyed catching up on all the various crappity discussions.
    In the south, they play Bloomberg ads on TV and very little else. The same Obama loves me ad, over.. and over..

I swear to god, if this man fucks things up, I'm going to lose it. Yet another mayor that I had to live under returning to my middle aged years to haunt me.
    I mean, we've all said variations of "I'll vote for anyone who gets the Democratic nom" but that was because we all assumed (stupidly, I guess) that it would be a Democrat, not a right wing billionaire adding a D to his name so he can compare dicks with Trump and thwart Sanders/Warren and plans to tax his wealth.
    So now I guess I'm in the weird position of hoping Biden stays in this thing for the longs haul. He and Bloomy are clearly courting the same "nice white man who doesn't want anything too drastic to happen" demo (Biden goes down at same rate Bloomberg comes up). If jolting Joe can keep them split up long enough, we should be ok.
    edited February 2020
    Mayo Pete and Amy Klobuchar are courting the same-ish demographic, I think.
    Let's wait and see the Super Tuesday results before freaking out.
    No. I want to freak NOW.
    So my other group Leels tracked three songs while I was down in Florida land. I like them very much and it was a joy to hang with that crew again.

The bassist also has a studio so we're going to be remotely doing all the overdubbing and mixing of what will eventually be a four song EP.
    Let's hope that, faced with the possibility of a Bloomy nomination, progressive Democrats and those who are just fuckin' grossed out by Mayor Mike will move towards Sanders. That's the fastest way of getting this goddamned thing over with before a just recently-converted former Republican buys the nomination.
    edited February 2020
    You know, if Mayor Mike really wanted to do something good, he should have run as a Republican and used his billions to force Trump into spending his war chest fending off a primary opponent. He might have actually been able to drag some of the GOP back to having a toe on the sane side. And he would have significantly weakened Trump.

But nooo, like most conservative scum, he thinks left wingers are more dangerous than the far right. Its Sanders and Warren that gets him worried, not the Mango Mussolini. Prick.

Thing is, he's probably still better than Trump, but only in the same way that prostate cancer is better than pancreatic cancer.
    edited February 2020
    So my other group Leels tracked three songs while I was down in Florida land. I like them very much and it was a joy to hang with that crew again.

The bassist also has a studio so we're going to be remotely doing all the overdubbing and mixing of what will eventually be a four song EP.
    Cool! You know, songs by Nectar & Trilogy come up on occasion on my old iPod on shuffle mode, and every time I hear them I go "this is nice, who is this already? Oh, yeah, Nectar & Trilogy! Cool!"

And I'm not saying this because we're internet friends. It's genuine positive appreciation.
    By the way, when the Home vinyl finally comes out, please give me a shout.
    I probably would vote for him, just to have some peace and quiet while democracy and the planet Earth burn to the fucking ground. It would be worth it just to stop the tweets.
    And I'm not saying this because we're internet friends. It's genuine positive appreciation.
    Thank you friend.
    edited February 2020
    My worry if we elected Bloomberg would be that the Overton window would be fucked indefinitely.
    That's... not entirely wrong.
    Actually this is the chart I was looking for:

You guys know about the political compass website, right?

Political compass: 2020 US election
    edited February 2020
    If your candidates were running in Canada, at the federal level, Warren would almost certainly be a member of the Liberal Party. Sanders would probably belong to the New Democratic Party. All the other presidential candidates, republican and democrats, would belong to the various factions of the Canadian Conservative party.
    edited February 2020
    I saw that compass chart earlier today. It struck me as deeply, deeply weird to rate Gabbard as anti-authoritarian, given how much she loves Middle Eastern strongmen like Assad. I guess the compass is rating her statements on issues like that as "we shouldn't get involved"/dove as opposed to "let's get out of the marvelous strongman's way and let him do his thing"/lackey.
    By the way, when the Home vinyl finally comes out, please give me a shout.
    Will definitely do.

We should have them in hand in a couple weeks, but I'm thinking of delaying until May. There's a legendary music space in Brooklyn called Secret Project Robot that Oneida is a part of. they lost the space years ago. Briefly reopened in a different locale but then closed again.

In May they are reopening in the original (amazing) space and want us to play.

That would be a cool show.