Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't vote for what you want, vote for what some assholes in Wisconsin want

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    That would be a cool show.
    Fuck yeah!
    Are you guys watching Star Trek Picard? At the end of the third episode, Jean-Luc says "Engage." Me: NERDGASM! At the end of the fourth episode, a well known and beloved Star Trek character drops in. Me: NERDGASM!

I'm fucking pathetic. L-)
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Nice. No, we don't have access and I haven't checked our FireBox app for it yet.

I am having similar moments with The Mandelorian. And poor S___, I can not seem to suppress the urge to explain every reference/easter egg I catch.
    There's an article on the Guardian news site saying that Donald Trump 'offered Julian Assange a pardon if he denied Russia link to hack'.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,492
    edited February 2020
    Been listening to Nirvana's MTV Unplugged today.

How big was Nirvana in 1993?

Famous enough that Kurt could show up to Unplugged with an electric guitar and say, "I'ma play like half covers. A Leadbelly song, some Vaselines. Also the Meat Puppets are with me and we're gonna do three of their songs in a row."
    Well shit... I don't think Liz is ready to go home yet, y'all.
    God damned. Don't hurt 'em Liz.
    Been listening to Nirvana's MTV Unplugged today.
    Funny. S____ just played that whole thing last weekend. And yes, it's pretty cool.

"here's a Bowie song y'all never heard of"
    It was that show that got me interested in the Meat Puppets. And the Meat Puppets were my gateway drug to the other bands on SST, like the Minutemen, Husker Dü and early Sonic Youth and Dinosaur Jr.
    edited February 2020
    I didn't watch the debate yesterday, but now I regret it. People are calling it "Bloomberg's epic debate faceplant"! Is that hyperbole?
    And Warren did well, it seems. Good for her! To me, it has always been a choice between Warren and Sanders.
    Yes to both of those. Liz hurt the bad man very much. He looked out of his element most of the night. It surprised me because he was a strong debater during his Mayoral reign.
    According to his wikipedia page, he was mayor from 2002 to 2013. That was a while ago.
    Warren gave zero fucks.

She told Bloomberg if he had nothing to hide, why not release the women in his complaints from their NDAs?

She told Klobuchar she'd read her health care plan... both paragraphs.

She came out guns a blazing and I am here for it.
    According to his wikipedia page, he was mayor from 2002 to 2013. That was a while ago.
    It was a simpler time when all the kids were dancing the Gangnam Style out on their stoops and you could see LOTR: The Two Towers for a nickel.
    And it was always summer.
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    screenshot-2020-01-06-at-3.54.13-pm.jpg
    515 x 386 - 54K
    I noticed that people who watched it described it as the Warren Kicking Ass Show whereas news outlets barely mentioned her or have her as the third or fourth item.
    Huh. My newsfeed was decidedly "Liz punches Bloomberg in the dick" style headlines.

Are you talking about TV?
    edited February 2020
    I noticed that people who watched it described it as the Warren Kicking Ass Show whereas news outlets barely mentioned her or have her as the third or fourth item.
    I was looking through youpube for an excerpt to show wifey, and I came across a TV news show on Australia's Sky news. They described Warren as being "strident". Most of Sky news belongs to, you guessed it, Rupert Murdoch... 8-|
    edited February 2020
    Racist oligarch shows contempt for foreign language film critiquing class structure.

Big fucking shocker.
    edited February 2020
    I liked the dig at him tweeted by the people that distribute the film in the US. The UK distributor was a big less concise, but quite precise:

“The comments by the President of The United States of America on Parasite are a clear racist dog whistle and as such do not warrant being debated,” added Curzon, the film’s UK distributors.
    The first one is of course funnier, but I applaud the second.

No matter how devastating or pithy your response is, if you're playing his Twitter game, he's winning.
    2016... How dare you say Trump is a racist! That's just incendiary rhetoric.

2020... Trump: You know who else I can't stand? Koreans.
    edited February 2020
    No matter how devastating or pithy your response is, if you're playing his Twitter game, he's winning.
    Word.
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    86406439_2664495317143770_4145762107821916160_n.jpg
    720 x 846 - 36K
    What's everybody planning on doing this weekend?
    I've got no plans other than the usual activities.