Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LIBERAL MEDIA LIES AND THE DEEP STATE ARE TO BLAME

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    And now, brought to you by the people who brought you the 2016 defeat!

It's schmiberals versus progressives!

Huzzah!
    As someone said last night, If Biden win this, let’s hope he picks a better Vice President than Obama did.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Ha.
    And Bloomberg's out. A victory there, at least.
    A victory for America to not be bought as easily as I suspected.

But it's shit otherwise. He immediately endorsed Biden and will be pouring all his money there now.
    edited March 2020
    Now, in hindsight, we should thank Liz Warren for that: her angry attack of Bloomberg probably killed her chances dead. Woman candidates are all fine and dandy, as long as they don't sound "bitchy" and "mean", you know?

She may not have realized it, or maybe she did, I dunno, but she was the lone kamikaze who sunk an aircraft carrier.
    edited March 2020
    But it's shit otherwise. He immediately endorsed Biden and will be pouring all his money there now.
    More evidence that a Biden presidency will be business as usual.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    edited March 2020
    On the one hand, we probably lost all chance of universal healthcare and a Green New Deal to help working people and fend off environmental disaster.

On the other, some of Sanders supporters are mean, and at least they aren't getting their way.

b-(
    Bloomberg's primary goal was never to win. It was to make sure Warren and Sanders did not win.
    Sander's hasn't lost yet. And even if he gets the nom, he still has to beat president shit-fer-brains. And if he wins in November, he also has to retain control of congress. And then he has to convince a majority of congress to legislate for his reforms...
    edited March 2020
    Anyway... Sure, now that the schmiberal wing of the Democrats has got their shit together, the chances of a Sanders victory are smaller, maybe even much smaller, but we don't know for sure that he's toast. I mean, Biden is gaffe-prone and he's booooring! He's dull, drab and other synonyms of tedious. Maybe that will become more obvious now that he's the frontrunner. Just wait and see, and vote Bernie, put up his posters and send him money and hope for the best. You know that a Bernie victory was always a long shot, right?

Whatever happens, I just hope that the democratic nominee can beat the malevolent troll that presently inhabits the White House in November.
    edited March 2020
    A thought occurs... Maybe Biden will win 'cause he's a mummy. Maybe, after four years of President Angry Creamsicle, that's what most Americans want. Maybe they'll vote Biden because they want to be reassured by a somewhat senile grandpa who will put them back to sleep. Eh.
    edited March 2020
    That was the plan for Hillary though. Nobody is going to want to vote for this organ maniac, lets give them a nice comfortable known.

Instead it became interesting (terrible) vs. noninteresting.
    Not that I or anyone actually knows whats going to happen. I try not to use the above tone, but I slip up a lot. I care a lot and I want to convince the world to come along with me.

But I agree with just two men to pay attention to, it's possible that people will actually see what kind of candidate each is and some may change their minds.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I’m pretty sure Joe Boredom is going to win the nomination. Hopes dashed just like the last time.
    He will with THAT attitude.

Use your positive visualization atoms, my friend.
    I'm curious to see what's in the making for Warren. Sounds like there are lots of talks going on regarding her place in Team Progressive.
    The focus on personality over platform it takes to go from Warren to Biden when Sanders has about an 85% overlap with Warren's platform and Biden maybe 15%... I just don't get it at all.

Yes, Bernie is cranky. Yep, some Sanders supporters are dicks. But this isn't a dating site. Personal compatibility seems less important than things like Does this person support the things I say are important?

The word privilege gets thrown around a lot these days, but going from M4A and GND to Uncle Joe because someone hurt your feelings online or because Bernie doesn't give you the same joy as a strong female candidate like Warren did... Well, that's privilege in a nutshell isn't it? Being able to put aside the big shit for personal reasons because the big stuff doesn't effect you.
    edited March 2020
    Looks like Warren's out. She pretty much destroyed Bloomberg's campaign, so let's pour one out in tribute.
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    84047083_2648504958742806_7583938098908626944_n.jpg
    948 x 960 - 50K
    So it's down to three geezers, and two of them don't seem to have much of a grasp of reality.
    She was my strong #2, but I'm confident and happy that she's not going anywhere. She'll continue to build her power in the Senate if nobody taps her for their cabinet.
    Have I told you before that your electoral system sucks? No? Well, your electoral system sucks.
    edited March 2020
    The focus on personality over platform it takes to go from Warren to Biden when Sanders has about an 85% overlap with Warren's platform and Biden maybe 15%... I just don't get it at all.
    My theory, which is mine, is that the main concern of most Democratic voters is beating president Shit-fer-brains, that is, that electability trumps everything. I think Democratic voters would rather nominate a candidate who can defeat Trump than a candidate who agrees with them on the major issues.

I think that explains why so many turned to Biden as soon as he appeared, after N. Carolina, to be "electable".

Therefore, all so-called moderate democrats (and that includes the fucking DNC) have to do is convince people that Sanders is too extreme to beat the Mango Mussolini. And they can count on the active help of the US mass media to do that. But, on the upside, this means that if people start to doubt that Biden can beat the motherfucker-in-chief, they will quickly turn to Sanders, I mean, Bernie is the only other candidate still around.

There are still several months to go, and a shitload of primaries left, two-thirds of the pledged delegates are yet to be awarded. Sanders can still pull this off.
    I think for a lot of voters, this election is a referendum on toxic masculinity. So they'd rather have the schmiberal platform from someone whose supporters don't strike them as jackass dudebros than enact useful policy under Bernie.
    edited March 2020
    Yeah but if that's the case, a certain female candidate should have done better, no?

I dunno, it is my impression that shit that happens on the net often doesn't reflect what's going on in the real world.

edited March 2020
    If Biden gets it, sure, I'll be disappointed. But then I'll be all "huzzah for the lesser evil!" and "prostate cancer is better than pancreatic cancer!"

I'm kinda used to it by now, I mean, when it comes to politics, US politics in particular, I never get what I want.
    I meant Warren voters specifically as the folks who feel that way. Leaving that out kinda muddied my point there.
    Subsets of Democratic voters as I have observed them:

-Let's pick the least objectionable person so we can get rid of Trump and go back to how things were.
    -Now is our chance for systemic change!
    -I want a President who is emblematic for me of a better future. (While there are both Sanders and Warren supporters in the previous category, this category emphatically dislikes Sanders, mostly because of Bernie Bros)