Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LIBERAL MEDIA LIES AND THE DEEP STATE ARE TO BLAME

124»

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    edited March 2020
    Let's pick the least objectionable person so we can get rid of Trump and go back to how things were.
    Most people, both in the States and in Canada, don't much care about politics. So this is, I think, by default, the lowest common denominator for all democrats and, consequently, the subset that represents, by far, the largest number of voters.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    #2 with fries please.
    edited March 2020
    I think we're all #2 with fries here. But we pay attention to politics, and it is my impression that we have a firmer idea of were we want things to go than most people. Most democratic voters will be #1, I think.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    edited March 2020
    The problem with least objectionable/most conventionally electable is that the US is so polarized right now that voter turnout is the key to winning.

Having someone "safe" not only doesn't really the middle (which mostly doesn't exist anymore), it depresses turnout, which hurts the Dems in a serious way.
    edited March 2020
    I had a big win at work yesterday and my boss insisted our team go out for drinks.

I really can't hang with the kids anymore. I tried to leave like three times and she kept bullying us all into staying and buying us drinks. I am extremely susceptible to peer pressure while drinking so... Yeah.

I finally extracted myself but was pretty wobbly. I walked twenty minutes intending to go to the train station before realizing I had gone the exact opposite direction.

I took a Lyft home and am in trouble with the wife. Justifiably.

I stepped off a curb funny and hurt my foot too. I'm getting it checked out now.
    edited March 2020
    I need to remember that the cardinal rule of drinking is never go to a second location.
    edited March 2020
    Having someone "safe" not only doesn't really the middle (which mostly doesn't exist anymore), it depresses turnout, which hurts the Dems in a serious way.
    If you get stuck with a battle of the senile grandpas, I hope the hatred of Trump is motive enough for people to vote for Uncle Joe.

But that's the boring thing about boring candidates: you end up voting against something instead of voting for something.
    88286601_550351255612490_455858586027819008_n.png
    700 x 800 - 158K
    What's the weekend plan, yo?
    I'm having brunch with my friend Fred this Sunday.
    Please give Fred my best.
    get.jpeg
    519 x 393 - 40K
    My most paranoid thought, and I'll say it here among friends but nowhere else, is that in the age of election meddling, it's a little suspicious that the one huge hitch in getting the progressive movement to unify behind Bernie is a subset of online commenters saying the exact shit that would enrage and alienate feminist Warren voters.

I don't doubt that Bernie Bros legit exist and that plenty of them are all-American assholes.

But Putin literally has a troll army working to reelect Trump and pumping resources into exaggerating the size/impact of Bernie Bros would be the natural move for that.
    Though really the media is fucking this up by slavishly sticking to the narrative that Sanders voters are angry white guys, even as his actual coalition is wildly diverse and anchored by a number of prominent female voices.
    edited March 2020
    There are plenty of US interests who are, I'm certain, horrified at the perspective of having a genuinely left wing president, so no need to go as far as Russian involvement. One just has to read the NYT op-ed page!

In fact, assuming that Trump is Puties' bitch, I think it would be in the interest of the Kremlin to have a Sanders Vs. Trump election: Sanders is perceived to be easier to beat, and he's perceived to be a more polarizing figure (wrongly, in my opinion, but that maybe my ideology talking).
    edited March 2020
    If Uncle Joe and his minions think the Bernie Bros are mean and unfair, well, the Bernie Bros are fluffy bunnies compared to MAGAS. If Biden can't deal with it, I suggest he should drop out and let someone who can deal with it get the nomination.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    edited March 2020
    I drove to Denton yesterday and hung out with JSG, Pogo!, and Abita the Dog. We went out to dinner and then went back to their pad and watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. I don’t know why I don’t go over there more often.

That’s a lie. Denton is an hour away and I have some sort of condition that makes it really hard to leave my house. Anyway, I love those guys.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    I saw that Biden accidentally endorsed Trump for president. Ugh.
    edited March 2020
    I saw that Biden accidentally endorsed Trump for president. Ugh.

Fact check: Trump and his campaign promote dishonestly edited Biden video

Keep on your toes: the ratfucking will only get worse.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    He did claim to be an OBiden-Bama Democrat.
    oh boy. Here we go. They are setting us up with remote access laptops. I think they're about to implement working from home.