Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't sweat it, kiddos! It's all good!

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
edited March 2020 in Main
I heard on the Internets that there will be a protest against the virus. I'm definitely going. Who's with me?

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    I'ma telecommute to that one.
    edited March 2020
    I bought a bunch of food yesterday. Just wanted to have options. I seem to have timed it well. Here is the Costco Tilda was at yesterday. she went for one thing and was like, uh, NO.

And I will attach a pic of our local Target.
    FB_IMG_1584104604126.jpg
    720 x 960 - 61K
    edited March 2020
    I feel a lot better today. My job, T____'s job, and S____'s school all have plans. We have food. My mom is stocked and staying home and my older brother is bringing her anything she may need. Romania is more under control than we are and Mama is staying home as much as she can to boot.

Weirdly, I would relax more if the other shoe would just drop and they would go ahead and tell everyone to stay home. Everyone knows it's coming.
    The food thing made me more nervous than normal because our fridge had crapped out briefly last week and everything in it went bad. So I wasn't so much shopping for the apocalypse as deciding that if we might be home a lot, we probably needed more than mustard, soy sauce, and cereal.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 419
    There are usually like 5 to 10 people in my store at 9:30 am on a Friday. There were like 120 with overflowing carts today. I am afraid to go back up there.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    edited March 2020
    Yeah! I walk to the grocery every morning, around 8h15 am, to buy whatever I need for the day, it's part of my morning constitutional. Usually, the place is empty. Today, the place was packed, and I had the impression that there was a palpable feeling of anxiety in the air. A lot of people, long lines at the checkouts, with grocery carts filled to the brim, almost always containing bottled water, cans of food and... Toilet paper. Why TP?

I sometimes sneeze very loudly for no apparent reason, and I was thinking "if you sneeze now, people will faint".
    edited March 2020
    Little S. asked me what were the symptoms of Covid-19. I told her that, for most people affected, it was like having a cold or the flu. Also, it seems to cause an irrepressible need to buy toilet paper even in those who don't have it.
    Man, everything feels unreal. I have the impression of being in a bad sci-fi comedy taking place in a parallel universe where everything is fucked up. Life in the stupidverse!
    Our CEO just told us to work from home.

And the school district just announced they are closing Monday then going to virtual classrooms starting Wednesday.
    edited March 2020
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    School district shut down till the 30th.
    Another weird aspect of this is getting urgent email missives from like the insurance company we stopped using in 2015 or the trampoline place Simon went to once for a birthday party two years ago letting us know what their COVID-19 plans are.
    The hysteria hasnt let up all shift. Store has been packed all day shelves are emitting
    edited March 2020
    Hey remember when we said it was a big deal whether the president divested himself from his business interests so he wouldn't have a conflict of interest and he said NAH and folks said OK? And then remember when he screwed up pandemic response because he didn't want to hurt his resorts?

GOOD TIMES.
    edited March 2020
    Well, it's official: my university suspended all classes. I won't be working for at least the next two weeks.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    School district shut down till the 30th.
    You're gonna be playing Foggy Mountain Breakdown in NO time.
    edited March 2020
    I'm writing a new song called COVID Blues. It kinda sounds like this but, you know, not as good.
    Another weird aspect of this is getting urgent email missives from like the insurance company we stopped using in 2015 or the trampoline place Simon went to once for a birthday party two years ago letting us know what their COVID-19 plans are.
    YES! The last two days I've just been muttering into my gmail "You have no idea how little I fucking care what your approach to COVID 19 is going to be."
    The hysteria hasnt let up all shift. Store has been packed all day shelves are emitting
    eeeesh. Stiff upper lip and all that.
    PMAs to the underemployed teaching contingent here.
    Pulled a 12 hr shift yesterday. No breaks. Barely got to eat. Chaos from 9:30 to like 8:30 but the lines finally disappeared around then.

I can only imagine how much money was made but the staff made the same minimum wage as ever. For exposing themselves to close contact with literally thousands of Montrealers.
    Going back now.
    edited March 2020
    PMAs to the underemployed teaching contingent here.
    Thanks, but I'm gonna get paid regardless. Send PMAs to someone who really needs them (like Matt: PMAs, Matt!).

I mean, I'm gonna have a paid vacation with my daughter! Assuming were mostly stuck at home, it's gonna be playing board and video games and watching movies with Little S. for two weeks! Terrible! <:-P

I'm sure I'll be able to pull myself from my busy schedule to shitpost on crappity, play guitar and read a little.
    Oh geez, yeah, PMAs to Matt.
    Romania's prime minister has been quarantined after being exposed and is waiting for test results.
    I went to bed at about 4:00 and have slept all day. I guess it doesn’t matter right now. It’s not like I have to be anywhere.

PMAs to Matt for having one of the riskiest jobs to have during a virus outbreak. The store is the last place you want to be if you’re trying to avoid germy people.
    I may experiment with grocery delivery this wknd.
    edited March 2020
    Genesis P-Orridge died today. Drag.