Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's an emergency!

Comments

• moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I went to bed before 11:00 last night because I want to get back on a normal sleep schedule. It took a while to fall asleep, but I opened my eyes and looked at the clock and it wasn't even 2:00.

I told my mom I wasn't coming over last night so she hung up on me. Such a sweetheart.

I really need some stuff from the store, but the store is scary. Is this the day I get my feet wet with grocery delivery?
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    edited March 2020
    The thing about grocery delivery is that they can substitute certain things and omit others when stock is low/out and you may or may not hear about that in time to adjust the order.

We ordered $80 worth of stuff and got $50 worth delivered, with fully half of that being substitutions.
    A former classmate/FB friend has COVID-19 now. Her case is mild but her husband (who I haven't met) is seriously ill.
    I think I'm going to brave the store. If I were being super-cautious, I'd wear gloves.
    I wore regular gloves, not even medical. It obviously didn't protect me from germs, but it made me very conscious of what I touched and made me not touch my own face.

Then I washed them on hot by themselves when I got home.

Paranoid? Maybe.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    You could end up with germs on the gloves. Better to just sanitize and wash frequently.
    Looks like my hours at the flower shop have been cut back severely so I'm scrambling to figure something out. The best idea i have right now is to keep doing live Grifters shows. We had about 3000 people watching at one point last week. If 3000 people donated $1 I'd feel a lot better about things. The downside is we only have so many songs we can play.
    Aside from an off day every now and then, I have a friend who makes about $650 a week delivering food for Caviar.
    edited March 2020
    Tripp, if you guys recorded a new Grifters record, I'd buy the shit out of that. Even if it was an EP. Even if it was stray dogs of songs recorded on the cheap with Garage Band. Even if the EP was half covers. Even if it was overpriced. Even if it was digital only.
    edited March 2020
    I watched a movie on Amazon Prime called Radius.

The plot is: anyone who comes within fifty feet of this guy dies instantly.

It's sort of the ultimate in social distancing.

Was kinda decent. Like a Twilight Zone episode.
    Yeah, that one wasn’t bad.
    Speaking of being like a Twilight Zone episode - if you’ve never seen it, I recommend John Frankenheimer’s Seconds, it’s free on Amazon Prime and it’s a really good flick.
    I don't know why I was dumb enough to believe the risk of millions of Americans dying was what spurred Trump to action. He was just trying to save the stock market.

And now that the stock market may tank under social distancing, he's ready to recommend everything open up again.

Death estimates for this plan are between 2.2 million and 8 million dead.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Hey everybody! Back from a hiatus. What is this Corona Virus y'all are talking about?
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    What is this Corona Virus y'all are talking about?
    Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus
    Our house last night. T____ is sewing masks.

T: Damn it! It keeps bunching up. Eh well. Its not the end of the world.

(Several awkward moments of silence follow.)
    FB_IMG_1585062637796.jpg
    684 x 960 - 62K
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Have you ever wondered how a bat pees?

It's the shake off that makes the video.
    The White House's ideas for sending people back to work while trying to avoid hurting the economy have very strong "staggered vaccinations" vibes.
    You would hope that people are sick of trump's bs by now. His daily briefings keep hammering it home too.
    We're looking at doing another Grifters stream maybe this weekend. Because now we're all out of work. The flower shop is closed so Stan and I are in limbo. The thing we did last week netted $600. Hopefully we can do it right this time and do a little better.
    “We don’t want the cure to be worse than the problem. In order to ensure this doesn’t happen, we want to make the problem much, much worse. We’re telling every American to put on your mask and go back to work. In fact, forget the mask. Just go back to work.”
    Dang that sounds like a pretty nice haul Tripp, but I hope it gets into "paying the bills" amounts for y'all.
    Two of my brothers and one of my sisters-in-law are laid off. Two of our close friends in town, too.
    Home 18 vinyl is being hung up in Italy because of shifting sands international shipping rules happening right now.

Considering pushing forward with the presale with a clear caveat "we cannot guarantee actual delivery date". Brad's Malkmus tour is cancelled and he needs the money sooner than later.

Any hot takes on that?
    I didn’t get to the watch Van Hagar Grifters because I’m not on Facebook. Is it possible to make it accessible in other ways?
    My hot take - just do it and see what happens.
    I think people understand how 2020 works.

Get your money.
    Eric, if you make the digital available immediately free with the purchase of the vinyl, that will ease most hurt feelings.