Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's an emergency!

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    edited March 2020
    Median age of a Fox News viewer: 65
    Segment of population whose lives are most at risk from COVID-19: 65+

Never heard of a marketing plan built around encouraging your audience to fucking die.
    edited March 2020
    Surprised it took this long to get an ad like this up:

• moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I’m supposed to have a video conference with my work people at some point. Not excited about that. I’d rather continue not having any work-related responsibilities for a little longer.
    I love that Priorities USA ad.
    Upbeat thought for the day:

This is good practice for when we have to stay in our homes for weeks at a time to avoid the effects of climate collapse.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    It's more probable that many people will have to leave their homes because of climate collapse: extreme weather events, floods, fires, droughts, sea rising and desertification.
    Nice silver lining there.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    I've said it for years. Mankind has upset the balance with nature and eventually the Earth will correct the balance because it can't not. I feel like that's what's happening now. The Earth just coughed and wiped a bunch of humans out. Earth is all like 'Look at how many of you guys I wiped out with a bat and an anteater.' But that IS a little silver lining. We're seeing a positive effect on the environment right now. Maybe people will stop and go 'hmmmmm, maybe human activity does have something to do with climate change.' Maybe. Probably not.
    I've been spending a lot of time working on the house. Cleaning gutters, etc. It's beautiful weather here. Gotta be good to get out in the sun, right? Vitamin D and all that.
    My cousin Ryan is a nurse out in Reno. He called me yesterday to say in the cases they've seen vitamin C and D greatly reduce the severity of symptoms. Or rather lighten the severity of the virus. Best way to get some D is to get some sun.
    I mean, I know sunlight and vitamin D aren't a cure.
    My portfolio of dumb memes is holding value in a down market!
    83255387_2641840552742580_1846165514359930880_n.jpg
    600 x 600 - 40K
    edited March 2020
    According to the CBC, the number of confirmed cases in the US is now higher than the number of confirmed cases in China and Italy.

edited March 2020
    My nurse cousin said she and her peers have noticed a correlation between people with low vitamin C and D and infected people. She wouldn't say it was causal, though. She pointed out that it may simply be that these are vitamins that people who don't take care of themselves tend to be low on in winter. And people who are careful about those may also be more careful about guidelines to avoid infection.

She figures there is no downside to making sure you get plenty of both, so may as well.
    edited March 2020
    Your moron of a president wants to station troops near the US/Canadian border. 'Cause, you know, on account of all of them infected foreigners leaving Soviet Canuckistan and then impurifying your precious bodily fluids. 8-|

What a fucking asshole.

Canada 'strongly opposed' to U.S. stationing troops near shared border
    Boris Johnson has coronavirus.

Ok, Dan. What's your next wish?
    Shit. T____ has gastrointestinal upset and a dry cough.

No fever, but then, infected people with GI upset often do not initially present with fever.

Hopefully it's just normal stuff.
    Ok, Dan. What's your next wish?
    Take a guess.
    edited March 2020

No fever, but then, infected people with GI upset often do not initially present with fever.

Hopefully it's just normal stuff.
    Damn! That is worrisome. I really, really hope you are all going to be ok. Speedy recovery! Keep us posted!
    I'm hoping it's just normal stuff, too!
    I mean, she smokes, so the second half of that may just be that.
    I've been cutting back on my smoking. Which I've been needing to do anyway, so...
    Should we do another Grifters show? Thinking about doing it Monday. I want to do it from the Lair ( move into a bigger room in the warehouse though). Scott is insistent we do it at DKDC again which worries me. Last time we had a few people just walk in off the street. That kinda pissed me off. But there's no wifi at the Lair. I have broadcast a couple of Dragoon practices from the Lair. Guess I just burn through data usage but it worked. Also, who says it has to be live? Can't we just get it down then post it later? Or do people really want a live experience?
    We really want a live experience.

Quarantine is lonely y'all
    They passed the bill.
    That's something.
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:

The Lord of the Rings... With Lightsabers!

'Cause everything is better with lightsabers in it.
    I think it would be easier to charge for a live show. I think you should also include fake audience applause and maybe even a laugh track if you say anything witty or do something silly.
    I’m sure you already know this, but the Spanish flu (no offense intended) was more brutal on its second trip through than its first. I don’t know if this applies to covid-19, but if so, 2021 will be scarier than 2020.