Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quarantine is lonely

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,002
    edited April 2020
    I have the impression that Eric hasn't posted in a while. Eric, are you ok?
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Didn't he post a "Greetings from Charm City" or something similar a few days ago?
    You probably know it as Baltimore.
    edited April 2020
    U.S. coronavirus supply spree sparks outrage among allies
    “It boils down to market forces,” the official said. “The one who pays the most gets the prize.”
    And that is, in a nutshell, one of the reasons why we're fucked.

By the way, there are persistent stories that the US federal government is buying medical supplies from the private sector, then is giving the supplies to the private sector so the private sector can rip off states that have to purchase the supplies with more tax dollars.

You know, I know I'll never be rich because my response to a mass pandemic is not Mmm, how can I get rich in the most corrupt and death causing way possible?

By the way, fuck Trump and fuck Trump supporters. Fuck them with every implement available to fuck them with and then invent a few more and fuck them with those.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Yeah, I really hate to say it but it certainly seems like trump wants people to die. I wonder which ones.
    edited April 2020
    Heroes of the Pandumbic!

And now for something completely different...

Stoners cheered when Canada legalised cannabis. How did it go so wrong?
    I’m a bit of a hypochondriac. Today I’ve felt nauseated and extremely tired, so I start looking at covid-19 symptoms and find that some cases have shown similar symptoms. I don’t really think I’ve got the virus, but I’m not convinced I don’t. Hopefully, I’ll wake up tomorrow feeling better.
    Love that Pandumbic montage.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Hey everybody! Thanks we are doing a-ok. Working from home. Getting our outings down to one grocery trip and one booze trip a week. We both get anxiety of them, but just do a full wipe down and silkwooding as soon as we get home. I think we are doing the best we can. Considering maybe moving to deliveries next.
    Apparently, Icke says 5G caused coronavirus.
    Just checked in with my mom and she ended her note with "Stay awake. Evil is spreading across this land."

and I am not touching that would a ten foot fucking pole.
    SO WHAT DID EVERYBODY DO THIS PAST WEEKEND?!?!!??!
    I did the next color on the Home 18 album covers. Glow in the Dark laser/tractor beams.

Also got to try out the lawnmower I got for my birthday. Stacey found it on Craigs List or some such, but it works like a charm.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,489
    We're in the same mode: groceries only once a week, gloves and masks, wipedown on return.

And just like y'all I think we're going to go to delivery. Now that the supply chains are back to normal and they can actually bring the stuff we ask for, it seems the next step.
    I got all the gutters cleaned and all the leaves up in the backyard. S____ got our groceries delivered yesterday (rather curb-side). I go to the grocery store to get beer. No way I'm staying sober these days. But I go in latex gloves, mask. Hand sanitize in the car, wash hands first thing when I get in.
    Right now I'm a little worried about $$. No idea when unemployment will kick in. Applied 2 weeks ago. But whatever. At least I'm healthy for now.
    Remember to get some vitamin C and D. Take Tylenol, not Ibuprofren. Open some doors and windows and let some fresh air in.
    Our project this week: make our own bread.
    edited April 2020
    I've been playing a lot of guitar. I'm trying to really learn the fretboard. Like most hacks, I know how to get around a couple of positions in the neck while playing pentatonic scales (you know, the so-called pentatonic "boxes"), but now I'm getting down to really knowing how to play in minor and major keys, and extending my pentatonic scales. It's kind of boring, but after a couple of weeks of practice, I'm already hearing an improvement. I'm starting to move a lot more freely up and down the neck!
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,489
    We have a little Zojirushi bread maker we got used for $20 and it makes good bread.
    Yknow. I've got one of those too that I haven't used in forevs.

Next boredom fit, that bad boy is coming out.

Although I heard yeast is hard to find.
    My mom called at 6:20 this morning because she fell out of bed. I had to drive over to lift her up and put her back in bed. I thought my stomach issue had gone away, but it’s still there. Not as uncomfortable as yesterday, so that’s good.

My friend who’s doing food delivery switched to doing UberEats. He’s been making over $100 a day with them.
    Been thinking about you Tripp. Is your landlord/mortgage company offering any kind of deferment/freeze?
    Our mortgage (one of them) is with Wells Fargo who are kind of dicks. So I don't know. I'm hoping they come through for us somehow. Just let us skip a couple of months then tack it onto the back end of it. Seems like that'd be easy enough to do. Still no word about unemployment. I keep getting mixed messages about how much that will actually be. if it's really $600 a week then fucking great. That's more than I make right now. Sad, I know.
    More than I was making at the flower shop. That's the other thing. I don't really want to go back to the flower shop. Been looking for something else in the meantime.
    Boris Johnson is in the ICU now.
    edited April 2020
    Boris Johnson is in the ICU now.
    I know, I know I shouldn't gloat, but... It's so fucking rare that our leaders actually suffer any consequences for their shit decisions that I'm having trouble keeping my glee bottled. I'm actually punching myself in the leg and going "don't laugh at Prime Minister Herd-Immunity's bad luck, take the higher road, don't be an asshole".
    Yeah, I don’t usually voice my diabolical thoughts.
    Tripp, are you opposed to doing food delivery?