Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quarantine is lonely

1235»

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,497
    edited April 2020
    We just tipped the Instacart guy $30 for our groceries and I'm half tempted to deliver some my own self.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,278
    This Supreme Court is fucked up!
    OK Wisconsin Dems, go vote if you feel it’s worth the risk. And all you guys who received your mail-in ballots too late because of this little pandemic? You can go fuck yourselves. We won’t count your stinkin’ votes.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    I am not against food delivery right now.
    How's yer mom?
    I've applied to 2 different eeehhhh, laboratory courier jobs. What do you call it. Medical courier I guess. Not transporting patients.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Just their pieces.
    My mom is doing well for someone who has dementia and can't walk. She basically lays around and smokes out all day. Slides out of bed every now and again.

She's set up pretty nicely. She invested her money in her pension for 40 or 50 years and never sold. She worked at a time when employers would match employee contributions to their funds. She gets income from her dead 2nd spouse's pension, gets her own pension. Last year she made 100 grand not doing anything.
    She also gets social security of her own and her 2nd spouse's.
    She's not rich compared to rich people, but she has nothing to worry about financially.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    That is great to have one less thing to worry about.

Pensions were neat.