Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Happy Birthday, Daniel-san!

Comments

• moetownmoetown Posts: 3,277
    Yeah, I definitely have time...

A song like Dear Prudence has the same picking pattern and chords throughout the song, so I can manage to sing and play that one. St. Louis Blues is not too difficult for someone like Doc Watson to sing and play. I still can’t play it without making mistakes.

It takes me several weeks to come anywhere close to being able to play the songs in this course. They’re not songs I’ve always wanted to learn either. Lately, I’m asking why I’m spending all this time learning songs I wouldn’t normally choose to play. Hopefully, it’ll result in making it easier to learn songs I want to be able to play.

A long time ago, I ‘wrote’ a few songs or little bits of what could at some point become songs. The fact that I couldn’t play very well didn’t get in the way at all. I wonder why I stopped doing that and why I can’t seem to do that now.

• TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Well, I think my unemployment claim finally got approved but the language they use is so confusing. If that money would just show up in my bank account I'd feel a whole lot better. I filed my weekly certification Monday but then it said there were issues with my claim. Then today I get something that seems to say I've been approved but it doesn't say when I can expect to see the $ or even how much I'm getting. Also I thought I was supposed to get paid retroactively from the date I lost my job. That doesn't seem to be the case. I don't even know exactly how much I'm getting.
    Stivers teenage daughter has been getting something like $700 a week. So a freaking 17 year old has had an easier time of this than I have.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,490
    Tilda got hers yesterday finally.
    How much is she getting if you don't mind me asking.
    $2128 every two weeks.
    Thanks to the extra money from that bill. That is scheduled to end after July though.
    Wow. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Anybody gotten their stimulus check yet?
    I got mine automatically deposited about a week ago.

It really sucks that they don’t give you any idea when you’re going to get the money.
    Well, it should show up soon. I think. Kate B had to phone in about 50 times yesterday to clear things up. They were holding up her relief because she had received worker's comp earlier this year after breaking her leg at work.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Hope it happens fast, Tripp.

No stimulus for us yet. Not sure how they divided up direct deposit people from check people.
    Damn. Say hey to Kate B for me. She was one of my favorite people to hang out with.
    We still see her on a regular basis. Or we had been.

ahhh, don't worry about me. I've got enough cash to make it til the money comes through. I guess I could stretch it more if I quit drinking but fuck that!
    I'm glad I'm not much of a drinker. Alone and drinking would be depressing. If I didn't have this guitar stuff to work on, I'm pretty sure I'd start losing what little I have left of my mind.
    That and exercise. My new exercise goal is to be able to knock out 50 push ups. I started last week. I do them every other night. Last week, I started with 30. Last night I did 31. It's something to do.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    edited April 2020
    50?! Dang! I do 30 after my yoga routine. I don't know, 'cause I never tried but I can do, probably, 40 in a row, but I think I would be half dead and in pain after.
    FB_IMG_1587731290734.jpg
    617 x 398 - 17K
    edited April 2020
    Can't wait to see how the New York Times writes this one up! Its gonna be "PRESIDENT RECOMMENDS INNOVATIVE NEW TREATMENT" or something like that.
    edited April 2020
    Guffaw!

"At a White House briefing, President Trump theorized — dangerously, in the view of some experts — about the powers of sunlight, ultraviolet light and household disinfectants to kill the coronavirus."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/health/sunlight-coronavirus-trump.html
    edited April 2020
    I particularly like the "in the view of some experts" part. It's in the view of EVERY fucking expert, you assholes!

How about: SENILE DEMAGOGUE PULLS SHIT OUT OF HIS ASS? How's that for accuracy?
    I would greatly enjoy a review of the experts who think mainlining Lysol is not dangerous.
    Seen on the internets:
    Trump makes novel suggestion to nation, some object

"At today's briefing, the president hinted and suggested that citizens could enter into the 'Shoombata Realm' with him by drinking a concoction he described as 'Jesus Juice' composed of arsenic and lemonade."
    After reflecting a bit, I have decided I definitely 100% support Trump voters injecting themselves with Lysol.
    Was Fauci predicting 60,000 total Covid-19 deaths or 60,000 by the end of April?
    Well my unemployment claim has finally gone through although it has not appeared in bank account yet. Should be getting $866 a week. So I'm just gonna hunker down for the next three months and let that shit accumulate.
    Glad they got you sorted, Tripp. Time to invest in some Budweiser.
    More dumb shit tha made me laugh:
    94869075_2883113445098384_4709709412778901504_n.jpg
    468 x 639 - 33K
    And of course:
    thumbnail_img_8936.jpg
    743 x 784 - 82K