Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No, not really into mirrors these days.

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    edited May 2020
    Florian Schneider, Kraftwerk co-founder, dies aged 73

Fuck! Now this one really hurts. I love, love, love Kraftwerk.
    edited May 2020
    I know, I know, I'm a huge Debbie Downer these days. But things are really fucked up and really bullshit.
    edited May 2020
    I saw them play in 2004. It was one the greatest concert experiences of my entire life!
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,280
    I haven't played any video games in quite a while. I get addicted to that kind of stuff very easily and then that's all I'd be doing.

I finally reached the end of my guitar video. I don't even wanna bother with the last song. It's in open D tuning and it's the Battle Hymn of the Republic. Open D tuning would be fun to learn, but I'm not going to go to all that tuning trouble for one song that I'm not interested in learning. It's not even a jazzed up version of the song.

So this is what I learned from my guitar video:

If I work at trying to learn a song for several hours a day for several weeks, I can come pretty close to learning to play it.

If I don't keep practicing the songs I've already learned, I totally forget how to play them.

I still can't really play guitar.

edited May 2020
    Yeah, I know, but see, if you relearn a song you think you've forgotten, it will take you way less time to do it the second time. Like, wayyyy less time! Instead of several weeks, it will take you a few hours, tops.

So don't despair, Moe!
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,497
    FB_IMG_1588798275450.jpg
    1080 x 717 - 43K
    7fd3c9506f01db65860cd46e8566c1eec624e0a67f01b09346a35882142aabe4.jpg
    600 x 608 - 89K
    edited May 2020
    I went to the grocery store today and it was a huge difference from last week. Last week, most shoppers were wearing masks. Today, not many were wearing them. I guess since Gov. Abbott decided to allow some businesses to reopen, people are just thinking everything is normal again.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Ugh. We superstocked up about 10 days ago, so I haven't been out there in a while. I hope Marylanders keep their shit together.
    "I saw them play in 2004. It was one the greatest concert experiences of my entire life!"

Saw the same tour. Such a brilliant show.

Thank you Florian.
    edited May 2020
    It looks like wifey's old aunt is doing better: she's off the O2 and conscious. Apparently, her first words after waking up were "leave me the fuck alone". Though gal!

The situation was really bumming us out: we couldn't go see her, we thought she was going to die neglected and alone.
    Great to hear!
    If Trump really thinks Americans should all be warriors ready to die for the economy, perhaps he'd like to set an example and go first?
    Lord knows it would do the greatest amount of good.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,497
    I don't think I have been alone since getting the dog. It's stressing me out a little.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    I go to the grocery store and see people wearing masks but have them pulled down around their chin. What's the fucking point? And now you hear about people getting pissed about mask requirements. Fuck you. You never lost your shit over No Shoes No Shirt No Service.
    I'm going to the grocery store right now. I'm wearing a mask, a hand sanitizer bottle and a Kraftwerk t-shirt.
    Just like the climate crisis before it, I am disgusted and saddened that people have allowed politicians to turn a "THIS IS TO HELP YOU STAY ALIVE" issue into a partisan one.
    :( IKC
    IKC = I killed crappity, right?
    Yes. But the mere question brought it back to life!
    Crappity’s not dead. It’s just a heavy sleeper.

Right now I’m working from bed.
    itsalive.jpg
    640 x 360 - 72K
    A____ will be premiering his new piece "Three Winter Songs" tomorrow at 8pm if anyone is curious.

LIVE STREAM YOUTUBE LINK

The piano part is amazing but this will be the first time hearing the vocal accompaniment (which is somewhat abstracted from what I can tell).
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 421
    Need to catch up again. Hard to get back in the Crappity habit.

Anyway, just saw last night that the mother of my old boss died of COVID-19 in one of our CHSLDs (seniors residents). It's one of the two old folks homes that is right next to the one my 100-year-old great aunt is in Last I heard, her CHSLD had two people infected with COVID. The one my boss' mom died in has had a terrible outbreak (around 40 dead). It's a fucking mess here.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 421
    I saw them play in 2004. It was one the greatest concert experiences of my entire life!
    I was in the depths of my drinking at that point and missed a bunch of shows I now really regret missing.
    Wifey's aunt took a turn for the worst. It seems she's now back under heavy sedation and she might die soon. She's in her 80s, and she has dementia, it's not a huge tragedy. Nevertheless, she will probably die alone.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Ugh. Sorry.