Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ZOOM! ZOOM! ZOOM!

Comments

• moetownmoetown Posts: 3,278
    I've been trying to play with a pick again and it's more difficult than it used to be. When I used to 'play' guitar, I never did anything but strum. I'm trying to do just some basic shit like picking the bass string before the strum and I'm ridiculously inept at it. I have to create some kind of structure - maybe an hour with the pick and an hour with the fingers. This particular dvd has stuff like Man of Constant Sorrow, Columbus Stockade Blues, and I Am a Pilgrim. I kinda like learning these old songs.
    I guess it’s the Evan Hour.

I was scrolling through Google News stories and one headline was
    STATES THAT REOPENED HAVEN'T SEEN ANY SPIKE IN NEW CORONAVIRUS CASES, HHS SECRETARY AZAR SAYS
    and another was
    Texas reports largest single-day jump in coronavirus cases
    So which is it?

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    edited May 2020
    We can pretty much safely assume that the Trump administration asshat is lying, eh?
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    lily.png
    308 x 333 - 25K
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Right. So it looks like some are actively encouraging the virus to spread. "We haven't seen a spike in cases..." Yeah, asshole, it's only been a couple of days. We won't see the spike for another two weeks and in that two weeks everyone has been spreading it around even more. It's called the second wave. And guess what's going to happen once you tell everyone we have to shut down again.... People are going to lose their shit. Gonna be a cruel summer.
    Orange Fuckhead says he's been taking hydrowhatsits. He's probably not but man I hope he is and I hope he fucking dies and takes down everyone around him. I find myself praying to God some lately. Pretty much just the one request. Dear God, please kill this motherfucker.
    Unfortunately, odds are he's lying. Or his doctors are giving him sugar pills. I think that even a quack wouldn't risk giving him the real stuff.
    Yeah, it's just another distraction.
    Corona Virus dashboard architect removed from project after refusing to doctor numbers

Y'all member back in the day, when politicians would just spin what the meaning of the facts were? Those were good times.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,494
    He's a stakeholder in the company that produces Plaquenil, the name brand version.

I'm sure his insistence that it's a miracle drug is unrelated to the profit he makes on that stuff.
    edited May 2020
    Welease Woger and welease Fwynn!
    I really need a haircut. Do I take a chance and go to a barber? I'm really conflicted.
    I say let it grow. I mean, you still have hair. Revel in it!
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    98456281_2749557661970868_3061289995227627520_n.jpg
    586 x 454 - 26K
    I dunno, to me, that looks very right.
    It's really unsettling to be personally convinced that the "re-opening" is a catastrophically bad idea that will get a bunch of people killed and then professionally to be surrounded by colleagues cheering it on and managers urging me to capitalize on it.
    Oof. So sorry to hear. They are just now starting to discuss it at my firm, but it's clear it will be a snail's pace with opt-out provisions.
    edited May 2020
    I mean, all you need to know about the dichotomy of our corporate culture is that internally, as many.of us as is physically possible are working exclusively from home with no travel permitted, special benefits to allow us to care for sick relatives, etc. and externally, we're all: Yay you! Get back out there and buy our shit!
    I hear a lot of people anxious to get back to the comradery of our firm. But I don't think they are considering that none of that will exist for a good while. The cafe will be closed, Bagel Fridays cancelled, quarterly luncheons cancelled, affinity groups cancelled. We will be beelining to our cubicles (now with gaps between each) and occasionally passing people on the way to the bathroom. It's all been stated in the roll out emails, but it doesn't seem to be sinking in that all the things we actually do miss are not coming back any time soon.
    edited May 2020
    It's a weird country we live in when the company can be unmoored by a medically mandated response to save people from dying and the popular response is Well, Some People Gotta Die Then instead of How About We Come Up with a New Kind of Economy?
    edited May 2020
    Surely there must be one patriot out there who could arrange a grand reopening gala for a factory peopled entirely by asymptomatic COVID-19 infected who all are there ready to shake hands with important visitors there to make America great again.
    edited May 2020
    How is errybuddy?
    Could be better. Could be worse. Meh.
    Those are just facts. Facts are just someone's opinion.
    Doing ok here. Blah weather but glad the workweek clock is running down.
    Here's a 2020 commemorative candle:
    EYWaZF_XYAEW2YP.jpeg
    680 x 647 - 45K