Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It’s a lumbercat.

Comments

• TrippTripp Posts: 676
    I think you're pretty damn good actually.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Thanks, Tripp!
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    Well Indy had a protest downtown on our Circle which the media isn’t reporting and it was peaceful until the cops shot them with tear gas and rubber bullets. Then all hell broke loose all kinds of businesses, banks got their windows broke and eventually looted. Cvs and TJ Maxx, cop car on fire. Circle Center mall looted and they actually broke into the statehouse. No reports on the news today. I saw a 2 hour Facebook live video and One news report at 11pm when it first started getting ugly and the reporter said it was peaceful until then. It was people of all races and ages. Supposed to start again this afternoon. I live in the southeast section of downtown and hopefully it doesn’t make it down here in Fountain Square.
    Media is pretending it didn’t happen. 4 streets go into the circle and all were packed with protesters and downtown is all torn up with broken windows. Also spray painting cars, buildings etc
    Protests in Memphis have gone pretty smoothly. Not completely but enough that some people are praising the 'memphis model' which I guess is cops designating a route for everyone then shutting those streets down and letting people march all they want. I'd like to join in but you know.. THE VIRUS!!
    I've been getting our backyard into shape as a hangout place. Pretty nice. Chad has come over twice now. We just sit in the back and watch the sunset and get drunk. Trying to get the rest of my gang over as it is a beautiful weekend here. I think Dan Ball might come over tomorrow. Trying to get Kate out but she's a little harder to convince i guess. Still though it is amazing how much 'normalcy' is restored just by seeing your friends.
    Been trying to figure out how to get the band up and running again. If you've been to the Lair you know our room is pretty small. Too small for me to be comfortable in there with everyone. So I've been think we move all the gear out into the warehouse so we can spread out. But doing that means I pretty much have to get in there and move everything by myself. Which is fine it's just a bit of work. Then after we get our sealegs back we might do another stream show. Maybe. The thing is we still only have about a 16 song setlist.
    You are really good in my opinion Dan! Nice tone

I found this recently and it’s comforting to me

edited June 2020
    Trump fled to bunker as protests over George Floyd raged outside White House

Can you keep him in there until November? And without internet!
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    My office building got hit Saturday night. We're a few blocks from the White House. Smashed up some retail shops on the first floor. Everything is now boarded up.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    When we were watching the protests yesterday, my mom would occasionally ask which country that was.
    We had more looting downtown and all over. 2 protestors shot. We are on curfew from 8pm - 6am. A lot of our monuments and the main one on the circle got spray painted. A lot of the looters are white
    2 protestors killed in a driveby
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Layoffs are coming to my company soon.
    It's awful. Stay safe out there.

Was considering joining my local DSA group at a youth march today, but I think my Covid fears are winning out right now.
    I am really struggling with reconciling my sense of obligation to speak up with my selfish need to assuage my COVID fears and keep my family's anxiety levels down.
    edited June 2020
    I compromised by donating to bail out funds for protestors.
    My money is probably more useful than my sign.
    Ha. I made the same bargain with myself.
    edited June 2020
    I just deleted a post I meant to edit. Eh well. I was just saying that the actual BLM activists on Twitter are a helpful read these days. Many of them say if you can't march, talk to your white family and friends and try to help them understand. And send bail money. Because it's bad.

The BLM folks also don't think much of the blackout/black profile thing, at least about the call to do a day without social media. Better we should listen and amplify.
    I have a job interview tomorrow. Sort of a pre-interview really. Wish me luck.
    Shooting Johnny Paychecks in your general direction.
    Positive mind atoms flowing your way, Jeff!
    tumblr_lvtux5sFlo1qbklpto1_500-1.jpg
    467 x 700 - 97K
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Good luck with the interview!
    Go get em Jeff. PMAS sent
    You guys, I crushed that interview. Follow up interview is Monday.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 419
    Speaking of bands, I'm not at all a fan of the L u c e r o sound (honestly find it a waste of Berry's talents) but I respect that they went ahead and posted about BLM because they clearly have a substantial MAGA following that would not appreciate the sentiment. Wasn't surprised to see a bunch of "Stop it with the politics. Get back to the music." and "ALL LIVES MATTER!" comments.

The one person I know from a political group on Facebook who happens to be a fan of the band is one of the most dogshit mean-spirited reactionary ***** I have ever encountered. I just can't imagine what it's like to look out at your fan base and see people you would detest if you knew them personally.